Trouble with Roon remote

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10. Version 20H2. Roon version 1.7 (build 667)

ATT Internet wi-fi. Router model # NVG599

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Cambridge Audio CXN V2. RCA audio out to Adcom preamp. Wireless or wired, tried both.

Description Of Issue

Windows 10 roon app is my roon core. Trying to use roon remote on my android tablet or my andoid phone and it only works if I turn on roon remote first and it searches for core, which it cannot find, then I turn on roon core in computer then roon remote sees roon core. this seems backwards to me. I spent a couple of hours doing everything support online suggested and what community suggested. only thing that worked was turning on roon remote first then roon core then remote worked. I like this product (Roon) but it seems a liitle strange the way I have to use it. I would like to resolve issue before I would buy it.

Thanks for any help.TEXT GOES HERE

Hello @Keith_Cato,

Welcome to the forum!

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

What happens if you click on the “Help” button that appears and manually try to input the IP address of the Core, does that work?

Have already verified exceptions.
Where is this help button? And what is IP address of core?

Hi @Keith_Cato,

The help button appears on the “Choose your Core” screen after approximately 60 seconds.

The IP address of the Core is a sequence of numbers that points to the “address” of your Core on the network, typically it starts with 192.168.1.XYZ and XZY are different IPs that correspond to devices on the network. There are a few ways to find your IP:
https://networking.grok.lsu.edu/article.aspx?articleid=14842&printable=y

It is also possible that your ISP router is playing a part in the issue here, we have often seen ISP routers working properly with Roon, please see our Networking Best Practices Guide for more details.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.