Troubleshoot Signal to DAC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Two Cores: 1 on IOS, 1 on Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Running a Synology Disk Station through router, runs hardwire to USB into DAC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Synology server to hardwire to UltraRendu converts to USB into AMR DAC

Description Of Issue

Often works fine, often doesn’t see the UltraRendu, or sees it but can’t connect. In the latter case it will try to play the first track, then go to second, third and fourth, etc. tracks after a pause on each of about 2 seconds. Doesn’t play anything in this case.

Just to confirm, @Charlie_Randall — Are the iOS and Windows devices you mention connected to the Synology? Is the Synology running RoonServer?

If you play to any other endpoint besides the Rendu do you see the same issue?

Thanks Dylan, the macbook pro and pc are connecting through the network to the synology nas. The network sees the Rendu. Sometimes roon does, sometimes it doesn’t. The two laptops alternate as the core, and I just unauthorize whichever one I’m not using. Sometimes roon doesn’t see the rendu, sometimes it does but scrolls through tracks at about one per second, and sometimes it works great. I can’t seem to figure what links the problem times, and therefore what is causing the issue. I wonder if I should uninstall everything and start over. I’ve had this setup for about a year or more. Thanks again.

Hello @Charlie_Randall, are you able to reliably find the UltraRendu if you connect it directly to one of your cores?

Generally yes, but sometimes no. I can always find it in the network, but sometimes Roon doesn’t see it and therefore the system output is the only choice of zone.

Today it sees the Rendu, but when I click on play it just scrolls through each track, about 1 second at a time. It says “Nothing Playing” in the bar at the bottom, and just won’t play anything. It acts the same whether the music is on the computer or streaming through Qobuz. Need some help here, very frustrating.

And by the way, nothing has been changed since yesterday, when it worked just fine.

Today it is doing the “track skipping” thing again, pausing briefly on each track in an album, but not playing any of them, This is well documented as a problem. Google “Roon Track Skipping” for yourself. What is the fix?! This has become a serious drag - I am not at all a tech, and I’m paying for this service. I shouldn’t need to spend weeks and weeks trying to troubleshoot. Hassle. What is the fix for the track skipping??

Hello @Charlie_Randall, my apologies for the delayed response. It was my clerical error that caused your thread to be missed. Could you please reproduce the issue one more time and reply here with a timestamp (in your local timezone) when you do as well as the track you were playing at the time so I can enable diagnostics for your account?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.