Troubleshooting HDMI connection visibility for Nucleus Titan (ref#8V2XSE) [Roon Tracking]

What best describes your playback issue?

· Other

Is there a specific error message you see? If so, please select from the following options:

· Other

Please try to reboot your Roon Server and check to see if this helps.

· Rebooting my Server had no effect, the issue remains

Please try to reboot and unplug/replug in your affected audio device and check to see if this helps.

· Rebooting and unplugging/replugging my audio device, the issue remains

Please open your Roon Remote and select the "System Output" Zone and try to play to it. Do you encounter any playback errors with this Zone?

· I can play back music *without issue to System Output*, it is only the *other zone that has issues*

What method is the audio device connected with to the server (Roon Ready, HDMI, USB, AirPlay, Chromecast, etc.)?

· HDMI

Is the audio device on the latest firmware version, as per the manufacturer's app?

· Yes

Is there any change in behavior when using a different cable for the connection for the audio device?

· No, using a different cable didn't change anything

Have you reached out to the manufacturer of the audio device regarding this issue yet?

· No, I have not reached out

Does the issue happen with local library music, streaming service music, or both?

· Both local and streaming content are affected

Please try playing content of a lower sample rate (44.1kHz or 48kHz). Do you still have the same issue?

· No, lower sample rates are still affected

What is the model/manufacturer of the affected audio device(s) and the connection type?

· Marantz AV8805 AV processor

Describe the issue

I have my Nucleus Titan connected to my AV processor via a new, high bandwidth HDMI cable. I want to have the Roon see the AV processor as an audio device, but the only option is via Airplay.

How do I get the Roon to see the HDMI connection so that I can play multichannel music through my AV system?

All other zones work perfectly fine - I'm only having issues with adding the AV processor (Marantz AV8805) via the HDMI connection.

Describe your network setup

All Roon-ready components, the Nucleus Titan and the Marantz AV processor are connected to the home network via ethernet cables (nothing is wireless). I have AT&T fiberoptic broadband with 1 TB download speeds.

There are no HDMI outputs listed to activate? Can you please post a screenshot of the audio settings?

No, I don’t see any HDMI outputs. Not sure why.

Yeah, the whole Roon Server section seems to be missing. Maybe official support can help you here, I’m out of ideas.

Hello, did you resolve the problem of your HDMI ports not showing up as an Auto Zone? I’m having the same problem with my Titan, I’m also moving from a Nucleus +, same as you. I’ve always connected to my receiver via HDMI and use that zone to send the audio to my receiver but now it doesn’t show up at all.

I also notice the HDMI port is no longer showing up as available when connected to Anthem AVM90: my Nucleus Plus HDMI worked perfectly

Hi @Richard_Salzberg, @Matthew_Bakker and @mark_rubin,

Thanks for the reports! Our team is investigating things further, if you haven’t yet, I would reboot your devices and leave them unplugged for a few minutes before powering back on.

For the Titan, be sure to stop Roon Server from running before powering down the device.

After the above, please keep your Titan online and connected to your network - we’ll enable a fresh diagnostic report to vet for additional information.

Hi Matthew, the issue is still unresolved and I’m waiting for the Roon’s technical team to diagnose. In a way, glad I’m not the only one have this problem. Keep watching this post and hopefully there will be a solution for us both. Richard

My problem was exactly how others described: on the settings/audio page of my Nucleus Plus the 2 HDMI connection appeared and could be enabled/disabled
When I migrated to the Titan, the HDMI options are gone completely….
When I went back to the Plus, the HDMI options were back!

Hi,

My history is a little bit different. I too just upgraded from a Nucleus + to a Nucleus Titan; but my problem / history is a bit different.

My Nucleus + was several years old and it DID recognize an HDMI output that went to my Marantz processor. I used to be able to listen to multichannel music from the Nucleus + to the Marantz processor; but about a year or two ago, it stopped working. I could never figure out why. There was simply no audio coming out of the home theater system when using HDMI. The audio output was visible with the Nucleus +, it just wasn’t functioning for the last year or two.

With the new Titan, I do not even see the HDMI option at all.

I see the Marantz processor; but it’s via “Airplay” (I am not familiar with this at all) and not via HDMI.

Here are my audio options:

Thanks!

Tom

To me, it is not an HDMI issue….we know that can be flakey: it’s that the menu option to enable the HDMI outputs do not appear……
I tried with Titan connected to an Anthem AVM 90 and with nothing connected
Thx

Rebooting and unplugging/re-plugging my audio device, the issue remains

Hi All,

Our team is still investigating HDMI port functionality - we appreciate your patience so far. :pray:

I saw this post from @danny in another thread:

1 Like

Good morning, @Tom_Gurgui. Our team has diagnosed the HDMI connectivity issue, and a fix is being staged for release today. We appreciate your patience during the wait and investigation. Your feedback was instrumental in discovering and correcting this regression. We’ll be back in touch with the next steps soon.

HDMI should be working in the latest Roon OS that just went out to early access – give it a shot. If you need help, @jamie can help you out.

Internet browser now connects to the Nucleus Titan reliably and quickly every time. Roon apps on iPad & Android cellphone as controllers needed to be directed ( I selected different server) to the new Titan device. Desktop Windows 10 (ethernet connected) Roon software occasionally loses connectivity. Rebooted Titan using web UI browser. Will continue testing over the next 48 hours and report back.

I’d like native DSD audio playback. Right now ‘DSD Playback Strategy’ is converting to PCM. Would like one more added option: Native DSD Resolution.

Thanks for your support!

It exists but depends on the capabilities of your output device / DAC and its settings:

Both my internet connectivity and HDMI connection issues seem to be resolved by this firmware.
The Roon team impressed me in how they handled this…
Thank you
Mark

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. I’ll do some research on this!

1 Like