Trying to move Roon Core to new server...Roon keeps saying I am not connected to internet.. I am

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10, i7-8700, 32GB

I have Roon Core running on a Windows 10 HTPC. I want to move to another Windows 10 PC that I use to run Roon Core on. Nothing has changed really on the one I am trying to move to since it was last used as a Roon Core.
The Windows 10 HTPC has the authorization for the Core. When I install Roon Core on the one I am trying to move to, the installer shows HTPC is the authorized Core. I am ask if I want to setup the Roon Core on the PC I am wanting to move to. I click the Use this PC button. I am taken to the Roon Login. I sign in with my credentials. Then I get a window from Roon that asks if I am online. I am. I click retry but it goes nowhere. I am stuck. I have turned off Malwarebytes and VPN. I am stuck.

When I go back to the HTPC and open Roon it shows that the new Windows PC is now the authorized Core.
I haven’t a clue where to go to from here to get Roon on the new PC to see that it is connected to the internet. I have already given Windows Firewall two different permissions. This is the current Roon download off the Roon website on the new PC.

Thanks for any help offered. I hope that wasn’t too convoluted of a questions…

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

As I posted this I see there is a information box on top of the page. I am assuming this is my problem?

As of approximately 6:45PM EDT one of our service providers is experiencing an outage which is causing intermittent connectivity between user cores and our back-end services. This will result in some functions being degraded or unavailable.

We don’t yet have an ETA for resolution, but the team is working to get everything back online.

It could be related to this issue:

When the banner at the top of the community pages is removed, give it another try.

You spotted it before I could post :slight_smile: Yes, this is probably the issue.

Seems so… thanks. I was out of ideas. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I just moved my VPN to Denver instead of Texas. I am actually in Arkansas. Anyway, it is working now. I don’t know if Roon fixed the issue or the VPN moved fixed it but all good for now.
Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.