Two questions : Play now on artist does not play local / Tidal tracks always have issues playing

Is there a group all button?

so that only worked on 2 albums. This is what it looks like when i just go to the artist and not have the library selected.

With the other albums that dont have the library icon, i can not make them primary OR see the local versions with out ONLY seeing local albums.

If you have the ones you have copies of as the primary version, I’d expect the play button to play the local of those versions and stream the rest.

So i look around and its not just radiohead its other artists. I have 2 albums by Zara Macfarlane. One i was able to group and one i am not able to. The grouped one shows up on “play now” and the other does not.

“play now” still only plays streaming versions of the album that has all 3 icons (local, tidal, qobuz) and local is set to primary.

this pic is of the play now and i hit next until the album that has all 3 icons showed up.

That seems like a bug to me

hum ok. i was thinking i might need to talk to ROON team as this seems odd.

So I just did this on Bjork as an example, I have two of her albums locally. It played both of them, the rest of the queue is streaming.

this is on “play now” and not “shuffle” correct?

Correct, that’s what I did.

hum. ya it must be a bug. shoot. Shuffle only plays local. play now only plays streaming.

This is reminiscent of a bug which was fixed in B790 - Discography only showing albums which are from streaming services.

Grouping, where possible, helps because it brings the local and streaming versions together.

This looks like the same bug, and @support need to be brought in.

1 Like

Going to move to support category :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you. Any next steps?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.