Ubuntu 16.04.3 / RoonServer/Unhandled Exception error

Hi @Steven_Neighorn,

Thanks for sending that over, I just wanted to have those in case we need to compare traces at a later point in time.

I think the next step here would be to re-connect the network to the Core and have nothing active, just the Router + Core (preferable) or Router + Core + Switch on the network and nothing else active.

Once we confirm that things are stable with nothing on the network, we can add complexity back in one step at a time until the issue re-appears. Can you give that a try and let me know how it goes?

– Noris

I want to confirm that you want network interfaces up but not connected to internet, ie it can’t get to other hosts and it would not see other things on my network, but the interfaces would be up. It could “ping” itself but not a gateway? Sorry for asking for this clarification but I want to make sure I am doing the steps exactly as you ask for. thank you for your patience.

Hi @Steven_Neighorn,

The main idea here is to have part of the network active and see where exactly the issue starts. I can’t say for sure what on your network is causing the crashes, but from your 10 days of testing it looks like something is triggering it.

Yes, you can run the test you mentioned and it would give us a good data point. My suggestion was to have both the interface and the connection to the external network (i.e. internet) active with nothing else connected to the internal network. Both of these tests would give us some great info.

– Noris

I will work on this.

Another data point: I am running Core on two servers - the isolated server that we set up and ran for ten days without network, that I will be doing the requested setup on per your email. I am also running it on the original server because I like and use the software to listen to music every day.

Since I brought the “test” server back on my network, I noticed that the Roon software crashes on BOTH servers at the exact same time: down to the sub second according to the syslog report. So there is some ‘crash traffic’ on my network that causes the Roon server to crash and it does this on both Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 18.04.

I thought that was interesting.

I will update you on the test server ASAP.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.