Ubuntu install isn't updating

Roon Core Machine

Intel 9900k, 16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1Gb Ethernet

Description of Issue

I have Roon 1.8.970 on an Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS server. I got a notification today that an update was available. It showed the update download in the Roon UI and I clicked on the button that said “Click here to relaunch”. The Roon client lost connection to the server and it was reestablished seconds later When the Roon client reconnected, I saw that I’m still on 1.8.970 and it says “An update is awaiting relaunch”, along with the button labeled “Click here to relaunch”.

I’ve clicked that button several times and also rebooted the entire server. Roon just doesn’t want to update. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Should I just run the installation script again to hopefully pull down and install the latest version?

Presumably related to this?

The post references a crash loop, which isn’t quite what I’d describe the problem to be. I’m just going to try running the script again and see what happens.

EDIT:

Re-running the script seems to have updated the install. Anyone else experiencing this problem should try to do the same.

Sorry, which script?

Roon Server x86_64

$ curl -O https://download.roonlabs.net/builds/roonserver-installer-linuxx64.sh
$ chmod +x roonserver-installer-linuxx64.sh
$ sudo ./roonserver-installer-linuxx64.sh

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.