UI buttons out of sync and server connection issue on new installation (ref#CPQ3BL)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

*Some *of my remotes can connect

New Install. UI buttons not in sync and can't connect to server.

New windows install, new Roon install. Other machines’ remote connect fine.

As you in the clip, when hovering over the buttons the mouse doesn’t change shape. The cursor does change shape on other regions.

After some trial and errors I found a region that opens the Roon login link on my browser, but I couldn’t reach the screen where I need to select the server to connect to.

Tried it with both public versions and the early access. Same behavior.

Hi @maoravni,

I see your running the latest version of earlyaccess, are you still seeing these issues?

Yes.
Currently, the only Roon works on this specific machine is when its launched as admin.

Hey @maoravni,

Thanks for sharing an update! From your account page, I see a myriad of devices running different versions of Roon. For a next step, I highly suggest getting all your devices either on our production build, or our early access build - avoid mixing them and let me know if the issue still occurs. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey, @benjamin ,

I tend to update to the latest build as soon as I log in to a device. I have work devices and home devices. If you saw that I have an older version installed then I haven’t used that device for a couple of days.

However, this specific laptop always had issues. There was a point in time where I had to uninstall Roon and reinstall it every few weeks because it hanged and nothing worked except to delete the folder and reinstall.

I opened a support ticket but nothing was found at the time.

Hi @maoravni,

This is completely fine! However, you still need your Roon devices to still be running the same version of Roon, either Early Access or Production - you shouldn’t have mixed devices running both, which is still the case currently.

With that, which windows machine is experiencing this issue specifically? There are a few different windows machines within your account info.

Do you have multiple screens open and active when this occurs? What happens if you only use a single display?

Thanks!

The issue is with a Dell G5 5500 laptop, running windows 11. I have another 4k display connected through a thunderbolt dock.

I just tried disconnecting the dock and running Roon on the laptop as a normal user and got the same issue - Roon seems to be stuck.

AFAIK all my daily driving machines are running early access. Can you tell me which machine is running the production version?

Maor

The only device now running on production is:

Roon (as a Remote): on ZAPHOD

Let’s perform a refresh of Roon on the affected device:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

Funny. I was sure I had early access on that machine.

Anyway, I installed early access, but since this is a new installation it works. Even not as admin.

I’ll give it a few days and then we’ll see. It usually takes a week or two to get stuck on launching.

1 Like

As expected, Roon is stuck again when not running as admin.

And please, don’t give me the answer “But you have an earlier build. You’re running 1409 while the core is 1410.”

I need to start up 1409 to let Roon detect an update is available so I can perform the update.