Umik almost zero output

I just bought a umik-1 intending to use it for HAF room acoustic measurements. When the measurement tool from HAF was not registering anything, I decided to see if the mike was in fact outputting anything using another venue. So I went to my zoom preferences and sure enough, checking the audio input I could hardly hear anything via the Umik mike. I can see that the little blue light on the mike is lit, and the Imac preferences show the Umik mike as the selected input devide. It’s hard for me to believe this brand new mike is defective. But I can’t figure out why the input is almost non-existent. Any thoughts?

Hi @stewart_kiritz

I’m not a Mac user but in Windows there’s A microphone volume input level. Could the Mac have similar.

Also this might be of interest to you.

:innocent:

Do you have the mic calibration file?

Probably best to search for UMIK in this HAF thread or ask there if you have troubles

Does anyone know of an alternative to UMIK-1 mike for taking measurements for HAF? This mike is simply not compatible with the current operating system in my Mac. Everything looks fine, except that the volume slider is locked at zero in every program I try to use with it, including Zoom, the HAF measurement tool, etc. And I have given permissions in the privacy settings to use the Umik mike with these programs. I’d like to return it (to Amazon before November 8) and try a different mike.

From the HAF website:

To perform those measurement you need a microphone (Dayton UMM-6 or UMIK-1 for instance) and a specific software

Though I doubt it’s the mic, but dunno

Did you follow these instructions (just using USB instead)?

Or maybe something helpful here?