Unable to access core on multiple devices since Roon 1.8

Hello, @support. Since Roon 1.8, iOS on my iPhone no longer can find my core. I uninstalled and reinstalled the iOS app with the same outcome.

Roon core is working as I have checked on a separate Windows 10 PC with Roon 1.8 on it and I can access and play out through my system.

In addition, neither my Surface Pro2 laptop running Windows 8.1 nor my Android tablet can find the core any longer. Both worked fine before Roon 1.8. I uninstalled and reinstalled on both of those devices with the same outcome as well.

iOS Details:
iPhone 7 Plus
iOS 14.4
Roon app v 1.8.00756

Core
Windows Server 2019 with Audiophile Optimizer
RoonServer v 1.8 build 756

I rebooted the core and that did not solve.

Thanks for the help. JCR

Hello @Jeffrey_Robbins ,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, queues are longer than usual due to our recent release.

Have you checked the firewall on the Core? Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

If Firewall does not help, can you verify if a fresh Roon install has the same issue?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.