Unable to access iTunes Media folder through SMB [Solved - Corrected Network File Path]

Hi Norris,

Here is the get info pane for the OWC HD. It has sharing & permissions info.

Hi Norris,

I have a 8TB G-Raid drive that I use for a mirrior back up. Would you like to see if I can point the media file on this drive & find a network path to connect to Roon?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Jim

Hello @James_O_Neill,

It seems that you have forgotten to include the space in between the folder name in the previous screenshot you have posted (copied below):

image.

Furthermore, I just noticed that the folder that you have shared on your network is ā€œItunes Musicā€ while the folder you are attempting to add to Roon is ā€œItunes Mediaā€, can you confirm which folder you are indeed attempting to add and make sure that the folder sharing settings for that folder is turned on as previously described?

I would take a look at that before attempting to point Roon to the RAID drive.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,

And then there was happinessā€¦

First, ā€œthank youā€ for your persistence and patience.

Some how my Media folder is placed into a folder called Itunes Music. (see root directory tree screen shot below) Once I ID the correct folder for the drive to ID, the path connected and pulled down the files in a watched Itunes Folder.

Thank you again for your assistance. I always learn a thing or two in problem resolution. While Iā€™ ve only had a couple of issues as a Roon license holder, customer support has always patiently hepled resolve them. For that I can only say thank you!

Jim

Hi Martin,

Thank you again for your assistance. Itā€™s all in the file name as I discovered! details below.

I always learn a thing or two in Roon problem resolution. While Iā€™ ve only had a couple of issues as a Roon license holder, kindly forum IT experts like yourself & Roon customer support have always patiently hepled resolve them. For that I can only say thank you!

Regards,

Jim

Hello @James_O_Neill,

Glad that we were able to get to the bottom of the issue and appreciate the kind words! If you have any other issues, donā€™t hesitate to reach out to us, otherwise I wish you a wonderful day and a happy listening experience!

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.