|2872655|G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-3200 CL22 DC - 32GB|
|2916805|Samsung PM9A1 SSD PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 - 1TB (BULK)|
Operating system Windows 11

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Setup works on my PC, but my iPad Roon cannot find Roon core on my NUC. This is what I get on my Ipad Roon:

@Eirik_Jensen, it appears you have up to three devices which are availalbe as a Roon Core. Two of the devices, Musikkrom and DESKTOP-H3BNGI5, have the same IP address which is going to cause a conflict. Musikkrom has the current Production build of 1311, while DESKTOP-H3BNGI5 has a much older version of Roon, build 1202.

How many Roon licenses do you have, and can you describe what software from Roon is installed on each of the devices above? Which device is your NUC?

Thank you. This sounds like a plausible explanation. The two deveices with the same IP address got that way when I bought and installed a new laptop - which automatically mirrored my NUC. I have since uninstalled Roon on my new laptop, but that did not cure the problem. I have one licence for two devices. Musikkrom is my NUC, while DESKTOP-OT8SPIK is in my basement office. Roon works perfectly from there, and Musikkrom from my NUC directly, but not from my IPAD. How do I get rid of the DESKTOP-H3BNGI5?

PS: I have deleted and reinstalled the roon remote app on my ipad several times, and have deleted the roon application from my new laptop. But the roon remote still logs into the DESKTOP-H3BNGI5 and gives me that same message that the pic showed. What to do?

I would greatly appreciate further advice on my dilemma!

How did you mirror the NUC? Was Musikkrom cloned from DESKTOP-H3BNGI5? Which computer is the NUC?

The mirroring took place automatically. Musikkrom is the NUC, and DESKTOP-H3BNGI5 - which is my new laptop - was cloned from it. I need to get rid of DESKTOP-H3BNGI5. All roon programs have been deleted from DESKTOP-H3BNGI5, but the IPAD still references it.

Cloning either a Mac to a Mac or a PC to a PC causes problems with Roon. Roon apparently creates a unique identifier for each account/computer pairing and when cloning occurs this pairing is disrupted, possibly resulting in what you are seeing.

I am tagging @support for assistance as I believe some specific files or directories in Roon need to be deleted on DESKTOP-H3BNGI5 before Roon can be reinstalled.

However, is DESKTOP-H3BNGI5 still sharing the same IP address as Musikkrom? That is a.concern in general as each device on your network should have its own IP address.

I have manually changed the IP address of my DESKTOP-H3BNGI5. The problem persists. Looking forward to further advice!

Changing the ip won’t help if you cloned a pc with Roon already installed as it will copy its UUID. It’s this that needs to be sorted. Support should be able to help.

1 Like

Thanks - I hope support can help and that it does not take too long!

Try this:

• Uninstall Roon completely from the affected device
  • Open Windows Registry Editor
  • Create a backup of the current registry by going to File → Export
  • Navigate to Hkey/CurrentUser/Software/Windows-SLS/physical_address
  • Right-click and delete the physical_address file
  • Install Roon once again
  • See if the issue goes away
1 Like

I did this on my affected device, ie. my new laptop - DESKTOP-H3BNGI5. I did not reinstall Roon on the new laptop, as I don’t need it there, and I only have a license for two devices. After that, I also deleted Roon Remote from my IPAD, and then reinstalled it. The problem persists on IPAD Roon Remote.

@Eirik_Jensen, what do you mean by:

Do you have two Roon licenses? It is not clear.

You can run Roon on as many Remote devices as you need, but the license controls a single Roon Core. The Core can run on any number of computers, but only at one time. That is, you can have multiple computers configured as Roon Cores, but if you have only one Roon license, only one of these Roon Cores can run at a single time. If you have two licenses, you can have two Roon Core computers running simultaneously.

Yes I must have misunderstood. I am playing Roon from two pcs - on pc and one NUC. I think the Roon Controller is on the NUC.

I am tagging @support for assistance. Cloned PCs and Macs can be challenging due to how Roon identifies each computer.

These may be of help

I tried Menzies’ suggestions. They did not work. Looking forward to further assistance from support.

Hi @Eirik_Jensen,
Are you still having issues accessing Roon from your iPad?