Unable to clear corrupt files on Synology NAS

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology NAS, latest software, Roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet Linksys router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MacBook Pro and Auralic Altair

Description Of Issue

I downloaded some albums today, and as they uploaded, I got a message saying one of the files was corrupt, and since then I have tried to delete the Joe Bonamassa album with which the corruption was associated. I believe I have deleted the files but they still show in Roon and Roon is trying to index, etc and is not actually doing anything. There’s very little CPU usage but the server is more or less locked up or running at a crawl. Restarting everything (NAS, MAcBook, routers, etc., makes no difference. How do I clear the corruption? Roon on my MacBook and elsewhere still shows the files but they are not there, from what I can see and Roon will not play any other files, either on my MBP or on my iPad to drive the Altair. The files show as being in Synology DS918/Roon Music/JoeBonamassaBluesDeluxeLPDSD but this directory and its files has been deleted from the server.

Hi @Richard_Presser,

Can you provide some details on the NAS Core?

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing in Roon?

Here’s the screenshot
NAS details. It has 4 drives in it, a mixx of 4 and 8TB. The Roon database is about 7TB.

I’m in Australia, it’s 2:17am and I’m going to bed.

It is resolved. Thank you.

Hi @Richard_Presser — I’m glad things are working for you now. Can you verify what the solution was?

I did nothing beyond what I had already done. When I woke up, it had purged itself and was working perfectly. Any trace of the deleted files was gone.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.