Unable to Connect Android Phone to Roon Server (ref#H6L31H)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

*Some *of my remotes can connect

I cannot connect my android phone roon remote to my roon server

Hi @wanowak,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue. We will need some more information to be able to assist you. Please describe the make and model of your network devices and how they are connected. Meanwhile, ensure that the remotes you want to use and your server are on the same subnet.

I
My pc HP All-in0One Desktop 27 with windows 11 is connected to my LAN. My router is ASUS AC2900Dual Band Gigabit Router. The connecting device is Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. I don’t understand subnet issues.

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

*Some *of my remotes can connect

I have requested help connecting my Samsung tablet in the blog. I sent deatails but no reply.

Hi @wanowak,
Sorry about the long response time.
Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Is this impacting just one of your Roon remotes or all of them?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I have tried all the instructions and guide notes. Reinstalled the remote app several times. Used the IP address to scan. All to no avail. The iphone and laptop roon remote work well. It’s only the tablet and android phone which cannot find the server.

I missed this that you posted earlier in the thread. This article explains subnetting. Basically, you compare the IP address of your server with the IP address of your tablet and phone. The second to last octet needs to be the same.

I checked the article but it’s way beyond anything I can understand. Having said that I have checked the IP addresses of my computer and of my notebook and both have the same second to last octet. Only the last octet is different. Its strange as I have been using the notebook (purchased specifically to use as a Roon remote) since I subscribed to Roon. It is only in the past couple of months that it cannot locate the Roon server. Now only my iPhone works as a remote.