Ethernet
No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Sonos end points x5
Roon ARC on iPhone 11 Pro IOS 15.6.1

Unable to connect to Roon Arc.

Diagnostics:
{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“86.142.XX.XX”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.254”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Having the same issue on my side as well. Netgear router.

I’ve resolved the connection issue now - I needed to open a port as well as enable upnp.

But now I get a message on the Roon Arc remote “poor connection” when testing via 4G

1 Like

Hey @Martin_Smith, I’m glad to hear you’re able to connect! In regards to the poor connection message, does the ARC app still work even though you’re seeing this message? There is a UI bug that we’re aware of when the Core is operational but that error message is still erroneously shown.

Let me know!

I’m having a similar connection issue. I know why I’m having it, but there’s no way in the Room settings to override it so I can sort it out:

I leave my Windows PC with my Roon Core connected permanently to a VPN inside Windows. Obviously Roon cannot access the core from outside because the IP it sees is from the VPN. For all my other services that require ingress I use cloudflared with a WARP tunnel and domain forwarding so it works perfectly and doesn’t care at all about the VPN. If it was possible to set ARC up with a domain then I could sort Roon out pretty quickly as well via the Cloudflare Zero Trust portal.

I know I could also just split the VPN tunnel in windows but that really just makes a bigger mess than it fixes.

Yes, it does still work.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know @Martin_Smith, we have a fix coming down the pipeline that should be released soon.

I will follow up with you when it is released :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.