Unable to Connect iPhone ARC App to Server (ref#CL553A)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

Other

When I try to connect my iPhone’s ARC app, it says it can’t find the server. On my Roon ARC setting, it says it is ready to connect.

Hi @Don_Gilbert,

Does this issue happen while on wifi, or over cellular data? What happens if you test out using a different port number?

We’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

I believe it is Cellular Data. No, I have not tried changing the port number.

Hi @Don_Gilbert,

Checking in on this thread, were you able to get things up and running with a new port number? Even something like 55020 would likely work.

No, I didn’t try it. I was scared that I might make a mistake. When I set this up, Roon assisted me by taking over my screen to make it work. Do you want me to change my server port?

One question: How do I know if the port number I chose hasn’t already been taken?

Hi @Don_Gilbert,

You can review the list of your devices from your router/network settings. It would be good to test out another port number if you’re able to.

I hit the reset button, but it would not let me reset the number/

Hi @Don_Gilbert,

To confirm, you cannot click into the current port number - have it highlight, and then manually change it?

If you change it and the issue still occurs you can always reset it. If the issue does still persist after, I would suggest fully removing Arc from your phone and performing a fresh download and install. :+1:

It will not let me change that number…I tried a couple of ways, and it only lets the 55002 appear. I will go ahead and delete it from my iPhone and reinstall it.

1 Like

That seems to have worked for me. Thank You!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know @Don_Gilbert - happy listening! :notes:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.