Unable to connect to Network Share

Core is running (currently) on my iMac - Catalina 10.15.7

I’m moving my library to a new network share location (which is a local drive on a new Intel NUC running Windows 10).

I can Map a drive on my iMAC to this network share without any issues.

However, when I try and add the network share in Roon I get: ‘Could not connect to share: unathorised’
I get this if:

• I use no username / password
  • the win 10 admin account username/password
  • the guest account (no password)

I have followed several documents to try and resolve. e.g ensuring the share is setup correctly. I’ve also enabled SMBv1 in case that was the issue.

However, the issue persists. Any idea please?

Also, why is Roon simply not able to pick any drives already successfully mapped to the local OS?

Thanks!

Damian

Hi @Damian_Boys,

Can you please look over this guide and let me know if it helps?

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Hello @noris

Thanks for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes the shares are setup correctly as per the document.
I don’t understand the instructions re: the firewall however as no Roon files sit on the Windows PC (NUC) only music library files (that I am trying to access via Roon on my iMac)

FYI - I was able to connect perfectly to the NUC share via Sonos also. It’s just Roon that refuses to connect.

Thanks,

Damian

Hi @Damian_Boys,

Try for username:

For password:

This did not work either but thanks for the suggestion.
I have not managed to figure it out still, so I took the decision to move the files directly to the NUC. I had been considering that anyway.

So I guess you could say the problem has been ‘worked around’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Damian_Boys,

Sorry to hear that you weren’t able to work out the SMB issue, but it sounds like you were able to work around it :slight_smile:

If you have a compatible NUC, you might also want to look into getting ROCK installed on it!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.