ROCK 2.0 on HP Prodesk/i5/8GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Linksys WRT1900ACS/OpenWRT

Connected Audio Devices

3 * RaspberryPi/RoPieee

Number of Tracks in Library

25000 tracks

Description of Issue

Mobile phone is a Wiko Wim (generic) android 7.1. ARC does not appear as an available in Google Play Store. If i follow the links from roonlabs website i get to the app on the play store but it indicates it is not compatible with my device. Note that Roon remote (plus other apps such as Qobuz, Tidal etc) all install and run fine.

It will require Android 8 as a minimum I believe.
Android 7.1 is pretty old tbh.
That’s why it’s telling you it’s incompatible I’m afraid.
Is it possible to update the Android os on your phone at all?

Unfortunately not updateable (it is that old!)
If Android 8 is minimum spec (as opposed to 5 for Roon Remote) I might suggest that (hint, hint) it ought to be mentioned in the emails etc Roonlabs is sending out.
Many thanks

I do see your point and would agree IF it was likely to cause a problem say making your phone incompatible.
But it already is incompatible, won’t dl ARC so no actual harm is done.
But yes a sidebar might be nice although it does state this limitation in the Roonlabs help document for Roon ARC.

Same problem here. Not compatible with my device, although I´m running Android 8. It´s a Samsung 7 edge, not that old and have plenty of storage available.
Works fine in my iOS devices.

Just forget about Roon ARC until/unless you have a phone that can run it. If Roon 2.0 works for you stay on that, if not revert to Roon 1.8.

Same here, I have a older Ibasso DX160 DAP, runs on Android 8.1 and apparently not compatible, sad.

It is a shame my perfectly functional phone is seemingly deemed ‘obsolete’ by Roon. At least they haven’t decided all music recorded before 2018 is equally obsolete :rofl:… yet! I don’t want to be the one to have to tell Bob Dylan when they do…

Reverted back to ver 1.8 on my ROCK server and Roon Legacy on the android - and all is well and good.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.