Unable to load music file from NAS but able to scan all files

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Rock, version 1.7 build 521

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Gigabyte LAN connected

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB (Holo Spring) and LAN (endpoint Aries Mini)

Description Of Issue

After updated to build 521, I encountered random ‘failure to load’ when attempting to playback from NAS, but Roon are able to do a force scan completely without issue. The only way is to reboot Roon Core and the problems goes away. So far it happened a few times. I’m using iPad Air 2 running latest Roon remote version.

Hi @MusicFidelity,

Do you have any media on a USB drive or internal drive? Is the same issue occurring there? What about if using TIDAL/Qobuz?

Does the same error occur for all endpoints?

I don’t have any media attached via USB except SSD for Roon Core. I don’t have issue on Tidal/Qobuz. So far I’ve only Aries Mini as endpoint. At times when it plays fine for couple of minutes and later it fail to load files. The strange thing is the NAS is still mounted and Roon is still able to scan my NAS library. I’m still able to access my NAS using my PC.

Hi @MusicFidelity,

Thanks for the update here. Definitely interesting that this seems to be limited to the NAS library only. Are there any specific formats that seem to be causing the issue (i.e. are you streaming in lower resolution from TIDAL/Qobuz)?

While an issue with a certain endpoint is unlikely since things are working okay while streaming, testing out using System Output on a remote device would help to rule out any potential networking issues that are specific to sending NAS media to the Aries.

Can you elaborate on your networking setup? What networking gear is in use? How is ROCK and the NAS connected to the network?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.