Unable to log in to Roon on PC from China - VPN setup on QNAP required? (ref#JMICT7)

Is Roon Server running?

· Yes, Roon Server is turned on and running.

What do you see on your screen?

· I see something else

When you try to connect, what screen do you see?

· Just the Roon logo

Please try to restart your Roon Server by closing the Roon app in the taskbar or rebooting your Roon Server machine.

· No, the issue remains the same

Please try to restart your network setup by unplugging, waiting 30 seconds and then replugging in your networking gear.

· No, the issue remains the same

Please select how you've connected your Roon Server to the internet

· Roon Server is connected by *Ethernet*

Have you checked your firewall settings to ensure that Roon is allowed through?

· Roon still won't connect even after checking this aspect

Have you verified that Roon Server is on the same subnet as your Remotes?

· My Remotes and Server are on the same subnet and I still can't connect

Sometimes the issues can be resolved with a reinstall of your Roon Remote app. Let's try to perform a reinstall and see if it helps.

· I've reinstalled the Roon Remote but it did not help

What is the operating system of your Roon Server host machine?

· Roon on a *NAS* (Synology, QNAP, ASUSTOR)

Select any of the following components that are present in your local network setup

· None of the above

Describe the issue

I am in China and I use QNAP as my server. Recently I found that I need to log in to use Roon on my PC, but the login is always in a loading state and cannot succeed. Do I have to use VPN on QNAP? If yes, that's too bad. Because I don't know how to configure QNAP, it is difficult to buy an effective VPN in China. How should I solve it?

Hi hifi_lbh,
Thank you for writing in to let us know about this issue. A number of our customers in China have been having trouble using Roon even when using a VPN. This post by another user suggests a method that worked for them. Though Roon itself cannot endorse this.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.