Router: Sagemcom f@st 5370e
Ethernet
No VPN or firewall, exception also added for roon in windows firewall
DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Connected Audio Devices

Not relevant

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Created a trial account on the 11th of October, haven’t been able to login since with the desktop app. I am able to login with my friends account. Also able to login on my laptop. Grateful for any input on how to solve this.

The error in red box at login screen (desktop app):

“Unauthorized: Please enter your account’s password properly.”

BR
Filip

Had this happen to me, you should try shutting down the laptop and then it will look for the Roon server on your desktop. It always pays to only have one Roon server.

I’m no expert but had this problem too, hope it helps.

Hi Miller_Steel,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I haven’t even set up anything yet, so there’s nothing to shut down. I’m not logged in on my laptop while trying to log in on my desktop.

Again, thanks for your input.

@Filip_Nilsson, sorry to hear about your issues. Which computer is, or do you want to be, your Core (server)? When you logged into Roon with your laptop, what happened or happens now on the laptop?

Caps Lock on?

Note: In today’s modern times, many things can be done using the mouse and as password fields do usually not show the content, this may go unnoticed for quite some time. Even came across this several times at work.

1 Like

For now, my desktop PC should be the core (server).
When I Iog in on my laptop it shows the initial set up screen.

That’s true, however, I have double checked, copied from Google password manager, pasted the pw in the browser search bar to make sure it’s correct and also tried to type it manually. Nothing works :frowning:

Anyway, thanks for your input.

Have you tried uninstalling Roon on your desktop, logging out of you laptop Roon application, and reinstalling Roon on the desktop computer (and staying off and out of Roon on your laptop until the desktop is working)?

Yes, logged out from the laptop, also tried uninstalling and reinstalling on desktop. Also reset password. No luck.

There is something with the desktop PC. I am tagging @support to see if they have any experience with something like this.

1 Like

Hi @Filip_Nilsson,

I’m sorry you’ve had issues getting Roon to work. We definitely want to help. First off, we’ve extended your trial since you deserve to see things work as they should!

When I try to look at diagnostics I don’t see that any device has ever connected with your account. I honestly can’t tell why this is happening but I have some ideas.

Idea 1) If possible, connect your laptop directly to your router. This would eliminate a lot of possibilities.

Idea 2) Please follow the steps below for a clean install of Roon.

Please report back with your findings. We want you to enjoy the music!

Wes

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists
2 Likes

Idea 2 did the trick. Thank you so much @Wes ! :raised_hands:

Also thanks again to all who tried to help @Robert_F @BlackJack @Miller_Steel

2 Likes

I’m so very happy! Enjoy the music!

Wes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.