Unable to login to Qobuz via Roon

Roon Core Machine

Ubuntu 20.04 LTS 64bit
Intel NUC i7-10710U, 1.10Ghz, 7.5GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

All devices connected over Gigabit Ethernet using Cat6 cable.
Linksys WRT3200ACM Router

Connected Audio Devices

Two PCs using Roon Client
Naim Uniti Atom, Roon Ready
Bluesound Pulse Mini 2i, Roon Ready

Number of Tracks in Library

Approx 20,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Core has stopped connecting to Qobuz
I have tried all fixes detailed in the Community post Unable to login to Qobuz via Roon [Roon is investigating] without success

@Andrew_Griffin Sometimes multiple login attempts help.

Some Roonies had more luck when they shut down everything until the router briefly waited 5 to 10 minutes and then came to Qobuz in the second attempt.

Unfortunately, it can also be that services can not be reached temporarily.

I have already tried shutting down the router. Later today I will try again. As has been reported on other threads relating Qobuz login the problem is definitely to do with Roon. Qobuz is fully available using its own apps and has been throughout the time Roon has been unable to connect.

However I must comment that until recently logging in to Qobuz was not a problem. I am not aware of any thing at my end that has changed. There have been a number of Roon updates installed recently but whether the Qobuz login problems were associated with a specific update I cannot say.

One of the primary reasons for using Roon was the “seamless” integration with a quality streaming service. If this problem cannot be resolved I will have to reconsider using it.

I read that you are not the only one, the problem is not widespread. So there must be special conditions that hopefully soon disappear as they came. Short release changes offer that chance. Do you also have heavy CPU load, high memory usage, pauses and interruptions on local titles? Finding better solutions revolves around these issues.

I’ve had similar issues with Tidal in the past; I fixed it by restarting the Roon service on the Roon Core. Worth a try.

Uwe
No other issues at all playback, selection, searching is all perfect on local library, which is stored on an hdd mounted in the NUC hosting Roon core.

Paul
Have repeatedly restarted Roon service, cleared cache, still unable to login to Qobuz.

I have found the problem.
It seems that Qobuz have recently started rejecting all logins over a VPN except for their Windows PC app. While the Roon error message was unhelpful the Naim app correctly identified the problem so led me to the solution.
Thanks for all your assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.