Unable to login to Roon Core on Euphony version 3.20190918

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Euphony OS version 3.20190918/ASUS B450m/Ryzen 7 2700 CPU/16GB ram/Roon 1.7 build 505

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet from server -> Eero router -> Xfinity cable modem

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Wifi between server and Intel NUC i717DNBE endpoint, then USB to DAC

Description Of Issue

Configured Euphony server for Roon core, then tried to log in. Entered my user name and password, then it took me to a screen that said “are you online?” “Your account needs to be quickly confirmed, then you’ll be all set”. Pressing the “retry” button did nothing.

Are you online?

As a matter of fact I am :slight_smile:

Well you are getting that message for a reason. So I’d look again and if internet access is definitely there then this is something you need to raise with the people at Euphony. Because if internet access is good then the OS seems to be putting up a virtual firewall blocking Roon.

Hi @Colin_Reilly,

Is this a new install of Roon on this device?

Are you able to log in to Roon on other devices?

Yes, Roon comes installed on this device, so it’s a new install. I am able to log in to Roon on my laptop, however when I choose the Euphony server to log into, I cannot unauthorize the laptop. The internet is working from this machine because I can pull down updates from the Euphony site.

Hi @Colin_Reilly,

Is this machine connected to the network in a different way than the other machine that works?

Is there any change if you use Google DNS?

Hi @dylan. The laptop is connecting over WiFi to the router, whereas the server is directly connected. That’s the only difference. I am already using Google DNS.

Hi @Colin_Reilly,

I see that your post was marked as the Solution — I just wanted to check in and verify that this was actually resolved (and if so what the solution was) or if that was done by mistake.

Thanks!