Unable to play some tracks that were recently imported [Resolved]

Thank you Chris

Iā€™m still unable to play these files. Any eta on the new build?

Iā€™ve upgraded to 1.3 and still unable to play these files. The problem for me is that if I canā€™t play them, I still have to use iTunes when I need to access them and Iā€™m hoping to relegate iTunes to purely a repository and device sync mechanism and not use its interface for listening to music. Iā€™m still running QNAP 4.2.3 so if the fix is related to 4.3 which I donā€™t think is available yet then Iā€™m still in limbo.

You mention that you normally play these BUT do you play them with software on the NAS using codecs within the NAS?
If you are playing them on another device that has the codecs needed then you havenā€™t really moved on since I asked about that above. Suggest you check with the folks that understand the NAS builds about this.

Nothing in 1.3 was designed to specifically address you issue AFAIK.

Iā€™m convinced itā€™s NAS related as well but was hoping an upgrade might do the trick. I just havenā€™t had the time to play around with the NAS to figure out if there is a fix because I donā€™t know that system very well yet.

I want to report that this is resolved with the public QNAP 4.3.3 beta as Chris had mentioned earlier when he was running an early beta that it might be. The problem was apparently with the previous QNAP OS.

1 Like