Unable to restore from Dropbox

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear WiFi repeater=Switch connected with LAN to the Nucleus. A Synology NAS is also LAN connected to the Netgear.

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Aries G2.1 connected to the Netgear with LAN

Number of Tracks in Library

About a 1000 Albums

Description of Issue

I just bought a Nucleus after my custom Linux machine died. Back-up process was my Dropbox. According to the logs successfully. (That was the base setting by back-up).

Upon recieving the Nucleus I wanted to restore from Dropbox, but I got the error, that there are no back-up files to be found. Then I copied all the back-up files to my local Synology NAS, still the same error: no back-up files found.

What could be the cause? The back-up process was always successfull (every 4 day) according to the old machine and there are a lot of files.(I also use the same NAS for the local music files, everything is okay at that front. The back-up ordners are visible).

Please don`t say, that I have to copy now everything to a USB stick.

Hey @Tamas_Banfi,

I am terribly sorry that the answer is exactly the one that you were hoping it is not. Dropbox has download limits that prevent restoring a backup in Roon.

Copying the backup to a physical location is the best way to restore your backup.

P.S. We’re so sorry it took us this long to see and reply to your email.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.