Unable to Sign In on New Device After Being Signed In on Another Device (ref#VANT9C)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

I can't connect to Nucleus

Does Nucleus show up in macOS Finder / Windows Explorer?

Yes

Already signed in in another device, The other device is broken and in my new device I can't sign in. I already paid for the year , Please Help!

Show the screen you are seeing.

If there is an Unauthorize button, click it (which will unauthorize the old device) and then you can sign in on the new one

2 Likes
Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

Something else

Can't connect to Roon Server. I tried uninstall and reinstall and same message keeps coming up. This is a new computer. My Lenovo laptop froze and I can't access it. This is very frustrating Roon wants me to buy an additional subscription in addition to the one I already have which is paid up for a year. In addition there is no customer support # or anyone to talk to. The community has not been of any help and I am stuck with no help.

Just click the Unauthorize button to switch your license from the previous device (apparently called QOBUZ) to your current Roon Server.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. It partially solved the problem. Roon is saying No audio devices found. I tried different setup configurations but none will recognize my Naim Audio. My I phone is also not connecting to the server !

Which Naim?

Missing audio devices and the iPhone not being able to connect to the Roon server are both a symptom of network issues.

1. Ensure that its network configuration treats your network as a private network, not a public one. (Windows defaults to public but Roon needs private)
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-change-network-profile-type-in-windows

2. Ensure that you opened the firewall exceptions.
    https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/firewall

I believe there are now three Roon firewall allowances required although right now I cannot find the details of the third one.
Edit…these are the three you need to allow.

roon.exe, raatserver.exe, and roonappliance.exe.

Given that Public network is selected in your screenshot, and not private network, it doesn’t look like you have configured it as private.

As for the Naim Uniti Star: OK, this should work without issue

Sorry meant to say Public

Yes and it should be private. Device discovery on the network is disabled with the public setting (note the description of the options in your screenshot)

Can you change to private and add the raatserver.exe exception to the firewall you are missing and see what you get then.

It comes back the same, I turned on private network turned off the firewall settings and it still does not recognize Naim Uniti Star and it is Hardwired. It also won’t connect on my I phone. I tried to uninstall Roon but it comes back saying the same thing please quit all instances of Roon before continuing

That means that the Roon Server is still running in the background. The Roon application has two main components on Windows: Roon.exe, which is the Roon user interface, and Roonserver.exe, which is Roon Server.

You need to quit Roon Server (using the menu option - see the Help article below), then uninstall the Roon application before reinstalling again.

Once you have done that, check your Firewall settings again; not only do you need to have your network interface itself set to be on a Private network, but the Roon entries should also be set to private in the allowed apps and features list.

I reinstalled Roon set it to private and I still can’t get audio from my Naim Uniti Star
What am I doing wrong. This is the disadvantage of not having a direct phone # to tech support for help!

APP SETTINGS PRIVATE
APP SETTINGS PRIVATE 1

Hi @Bradley_Tamkin,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue. If you navigate to your Windows sound settings do you see the Naim Uniti Star listed?

Unfortunately I do not see Naim Uniti Star anywhere on sound settings and do not know how to add it. I have tried different things but none has resolved the issue, any input would be helpful, WiFi, ethernet , modem and my none of them recognize the unit. My Iphone can’t connect to roon either. I can however use the Focal/Naim app with no problems

Please say how your Uniti Star is connected. Is it connected directly (e.g. via USB) to your Roon Server PC, or is it sitting on your home network?

I note that on your Settings > Audio page, I see only devices on your Roon Server PC - there is nothing being detected elsewhere on your network (e.g. your iPhone when it is running Roon Remote).

Is everything on the same subnet?