Unable to unauthoriseze Device

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Antipodes EX (default core) Macbook Pro (occasional usage whilst on trip), single license

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Amplifi Instant, EX connected wired to the mesh point, MacBook via WiFr

Description Of Issue

Whilst on vacation I have used my MacBook as Core. Now I am back and try to unauthorise the Mac and log on to the EX as Core. This is a procedure I have repeatedly followed w/o any glitches when on long trips.

However today I am stuck in a page where when I click “Unauthorize” for the Mac nothing happens and I get an “are you online” (of course I am) and “retry” which after 3 attempts leads to nowhere.

can you please help?

thanks in advance

Hi @DrPo,

Is the Antipodes still connected to the internet and has a valid IP address?
Is there any change in behavior if you try to reboot the Antipodes + Networking Gear?

Hi Noris, yes they were both connected.

I managed to get over the issue by

1. Deleting Roon app on the Mac (radical step!)

2. As the issue persisted (Roon “logon database” still had a connection to the Mac instance) I also restarted Roon Server on the Antipodes (not full reboot).

Just to confirm: doing this periodic authorising/de-authorizing when one has a single license is a valid procedure (from Roon licensing of view), right?

Hi @DrPo,

Thanks for letting us know that the issue is resolved!

Yes, you can feel free to switch Cores as often as you’d like, but you can only have one active Core at a time (unless you have multiple Roon licenses on the same account).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.