Unable to ungroup automatically-grouped albums

Roon Core Machine

NUC10i7FNH running ROCK and Roon 2.0 build 1223 for my core
macOS M1 Max Macbook Pro running Roon 2.0 build 1223 for my client

Number of Tracks in Library

82490 tracks

Description of Issue

I noticed I wasn’t able to find one of my albums when I was searching for it, but it was showing up as a separate album under the artist associated with it. I also saw that it now has a Versions tab and looks like it might have gotten merged with another one as an alternate version (I also noticed that I’m unable to select “Remove from group” or “Make primary” for either album). While I can understand the logic there in grouping albums together, I’d really rather Roon not do that with any of mine.

I checked and found https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/faq-how-does-roon-handle-multiple-versions-of-the-same-album which talks about this, but it sounds like I shouldn’t have been able to see the album under the artist if “Show hidden tracks and albums” was unchecked. Still, it seemed worth a shot, so I enabled it. I haven’t really noticed any changes in behavior, though, and the albums are still grouped together with no way to ungroup them.

Is there something else I need to do to separate these albums?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.