Unable to use latest Roon client on Windows 10 [Resolved - Build 778]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK - RoonOS 1.0 Build 227
Roon Version 1.8 (build 764) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Direct ethernet cable to EE Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Audioquest Dragonfly RED
NAD T758 v3

Description Of Issue

Latest Roon on Windows 10 with latest update, keeps crashing. I have restarted computer, and after it starts - its hanging - and Not Responding.

I am unable to use Roon on Windows 10.

When I open Roon, I am unable to do anything, once I click anywhere on the interface, it greyes out and Not Responding info appears on the top - as seen on attached screenshot.

Try going to the manufacturer of the graphics 8and update driver from there not windows update.

Search the forum, you are one of many, it’s a Windows update issue applying a wrong driver. It’s happened for the last 2 Windows updates

As @Ged_Hickman points out, go to the manufacturer site and get the current driver, for your video cardand REBOOT …Roon uses the GPU .

Not being rude but what is the aversion to rebooting a PC, I know you did yours.

A full system reboot, network, then PC then end points fixes 90% of the reported issues but people don’t want to do it - despair :smiling_imp:

PS my Windows 10 install has not had issues it’s Intel integrated graphics

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions. I do have the latest Graphics Drivers for my laptop.
Restarted laptop and the problem is still there unfortunately :frowning:

Did you restart the network, may help ?

I havent restarted the network, as it has nothing to do with Roon crashing. Really.

But Roon uses the network extensively, especially at start up , it may a step worth eliminating

Just a thought.

My network is shut down daily , so I may miss such issues

Hi @Jacek_Glebocki

Some users with Nvidia GPUs have seen this occur after the GeForce Driver 461.72 update. We are working on a solution to this and hope to have it available soon. Apologies for the trouble!

Similar issue and fix (for me) here.
I had problems on 2 of my PCs this week…and they’re totally different hardware-wise.
Oddly though, my Roon Core Intel NUC was fine…

Thank you for all the replies.
I have Intel 620 gcard with latest drivers from 3rd of March.
I have uninstalled Roon on windows and removed all Roon files i could find.
Now i can start Roon and play to my NAD, but I have not used it with Dragonfly RED yet. Ill test it during the week and come back.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Resolved in B778