Uncertified Roon Ready devices announcement

Or… you can’t tell what it’s doing wrong. These devices could be pounding the crap out of the Roon server, and would we know? Or maybe the SQ is bad because Arcam isn’t doing RAAT right?

What’s the situation of Astell & Kern said their DAP will be Roon Ready in 2018 but now shipping NONE.

Shame for my CXN V1 Though :worried:

Shouldn’t that be Way2Go! ? :smiley::smile:

5 Likes

:grin: :100:

I am 100% behind the decision of roon to set a stop to false “Roon Ready” claims.
This way we only have devices that are genuine as “Roon Ready”, assuring optimal integration.

That said, it is a pity for those who got swindled into buying a “Roon Ready” device that is not that.
Blaming Roon for this is, as i have seen in this thread, is not opportune, blame the one stating the false claim.

Roon is making its product more reliable and predictable for the end user, and we have to be glad for that.

What could help is a page where we can find manufacturers that are in the process of (actively) certifying a product.
A sort of pending state, with maybe a hint on what the state is.

Way to go Roon.

*** Still waiting for Hegel H390 to certify :wink:

7 Likes

Just got the following answer from Chord re. the status of 2go:

Dear Sir, thanks for your email,
The 2Go has been with Roon Labs awaiting sign off since before it went on sale and we have worked with Roon to swiftly answer any follow up queries that have been asked. Naturally, we hope that Roon is also working to ensure that this deadline is met for items that are awaiting certification from them to ensure a seamless transition to these new rules.

Hope this gets fixed soon

1 Like

I contacted Gold Note, as I am a DS-10 user which is classified as uncertified. They said they were working on an update in time for September deadline.

1 Like

How reliable is the “Partner” page? Is this gospel? So if a manufacturer claims to be Roon ready on a device and it’s not on the partner page who do we believe??

Let’s Aracm as an example, they claim the SA30 is a Roon endpoint but it’s not on the partner page (only the Solo Uno is) - do we go with the partner page?

1 Like

Cool feature, it doesn’t get better than that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Danny

I admit I m bit concerned and confused
Everything at home regarding audio is Roon centered
Roon Rock
Raspberry Touch with RopieeeXL to Cayin IDac MK2 to McIntosh MA 7200.
Bluesound Flex 2I X2
Raspberry Touch with RopieeeXL with Homepods x2

Hope I won’t have any issues (at least for more than a week or so)
We will see

I have an AntipodesEX and according to the Roon web site it is certified as Roon Ready, however it is also reporting on my system that it is an uncertified product…that nasty red tag underneath the device has appeared. There seems to be a problem either with your partner Roon Ready Certified listing or the way Roon is determining the certification status.

Should I report this to my vendor or to Roon support?

The Pi endpoints will be fine for sure, not sure about Bluesound’s status but check for your pink bar: Uncertified Roon Ready devices announcement

Hi @danny. Perhaps you could comment on this one?

I have a Vitus SD-025 DAC/Streamer which shows as being “uncertified” yet is supposedly running RAAT SDK Version 1.1.36 - which begs the question “is this Unit certified or not” or are they making spurious claims? I certainly purchased it on the understanding that it was Roon Ready!!

Now that the new Roon Labs website is live - the partner page there is dynamic, and supposed to only contain partners with genuine certified Roon Ready products, which should be listed on the individual pages of the partners on the website.

So I read that as: take the Roon Labs pages as gospel.

2 Likes

This is probably an example on a manufacturer that claims “Roon Ready” without certifying.
It is exactly this that Roon wants to put a halt to.
You have to ask the manufacturer of the apparatus to start certifying it.

2 Likes

Yes.

Vendor, you probably just need a firmware update.

It’s running our software but it is uncertified. Exactly the behavior we are trying to prevent vendors from abusing. You need to contact them ASAP.

3 Likes

Many thanks @oneofmany & @PeterD. Yes I tried rebooting but no difference - Uncertified tag still there! I have sent an e-mail to Vitus direct and asked for clarification!

Many thanks Danny, this is what I feared. I have already sent an urgent e-mail to Vitus Audio asking for clarification - let us see what response, if any, I receive!

Fernando,

I get it. Your mad at Chord and frustrated with your purchase. I’ve been through both the Poly and 2go threads on Headfi. My initial poly experience was bumpy at best. Now it’s working great for my needs and is a good Roon endpoint. My 2go experience has been much better.

My request to Roon has nothing to do about pirating or protection of IP. Here’s a couple observations:

1. All of Chord’s modern products (excluding 2go apparently) are Roon tested or Roon ready based on the 9/21 cutoff. Therefore, Chord seems dedicated to the Roon experience.
  2. Although the roon ready certification is free, it still costs manufacturers time and money to accomplish. How much time depends on resources available. I doubt Chord has hundreds of engineers working on this project.
  3. Chord is not pirating anything. The 2go has only been out for 7 months. Subtract the time the pandemic shut down the US and UK for 3 months. Roon stated they let their partners use roon ready while going through the certification process. From all evidence presented, Chord is not pirating the RAAT protocol or violating Roon’s IP because they are actively working on certification.

I’m asking Roon to further divide the uncertified banner into manufacturers who are actively working on certification vs those who aren’t. The ones who aren’t are the “pirates” your describing.

We’re dealing with two boutique audio companies. I appreciate Roon willing to soften their stance (for now).

2 Likes