“Unexpected error loading album. Please try again later. (Not available)” AND “You don’t have any albums in your library”

Roon Core Machine

MacBookPro Ventura 13.0

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

La Rosita Gamma HD (ethernet)

Number of Tracks in Library

35046 tracks

Description of Issue

1. I have proceeded to a clean reinstall of my MacBookPro following which I reinstalled Roon which worked fine. I however noticed Roon appearing as an external disk on my desktop. I ejected it but then Roon was nowhere to be found in my apps.
  2. I therefore reinstalled Roon a second time but then got the following error message “Unexpected error loading album. Please try again later. (Not available)”. Note: my music has always been seating on an external SSD;
  3. I removed Roon again and reinstalled it a third time. This time however I removed the original music folder with the path leading to it and I keyed it in again from scratch. I am now getting the message “You don’t have any albums in your library” although I can see the files in my folder and the path to the latter is correct.
    Any clue as to what might be going on? Thanks a million

Hey @Francois_Jacques,

To confirm, you now have Roon functioning properly, but are not able to access any of your local library through connecting watched folders?

If your library exists on an external drive, I would suggest first making sure that you’ve given Roon proper access to the drive. Here is more info on how to do this:

Let me know if your issue persists after setting up the proper access to your drive :+1:

This sounds like you were running Roon from the downloaded .dmg file rather than copying Roon from the .dmg to your applications folder. Could you confirm that Roon is correctly installed within your Applications folder? If not, this will almost certainly cause problems.

1 Like

Many thanks for your support. I am not sure about what are “watched” folders. I have never had to do anything in the past 2 years to grant access to my music folder. Everything worked perfectly including following my Ventura reinstall when I was initially running Roon from the downloaded .dmg file rather than copying Roon from the .dmg to my applications folder. I will read the procedure in detail though

thank you so much. you’re right as to stage 1 but as of now Roon is properly installed in my applications folder.

1 Like

MacOS creates a Music folder for the user account on the Mac, and this folder is automatically added into Roon if the Core is also running on the Mac, and shown by default in Roon:

The steps outlined by @benjamin are for adding additional folders that contain music you want to add into Roon.

Thank you Geoff. The procedure failed and I am getting the message: “There was an Unexpected error: Invalid Network Path”. Beyond, I really never had to to something as complicated and I have never needed a network share: my music SSD is USB-plugged straight into my Mac. I have now tried several external drives and all of them failed: Roon asserts they do not contain any music files. I have tried again to scrap Roon from my Applications folder and to reinstall it again. Upon launching Roon again, it actually keeps the memory of the failing music folder path so I’m seriously thinking something went awry when I reinstalled Roon the first time. Yet I don’t know how to eradicate any remnants of it in my Mac. I also remember an elusive message pertaining to the new version of Roon not being compatible with my initial music files format but I did not take a screenshot of the warning. Would anyone know how to completely uninstall Roon (beyond simply trashing it out of the Applications folder)?

The procedure failed and I am getting the message: “There was an Unexpected error: Invalid Network Path”. Beyond, I really never had to to something as complicated and I have never needed a network share: my music SSD is USB-plugged straight into my Mac. I have now tried several external drives and all of them failed: Roon asserts they do not contain any music files. I have tried again to scrap Roon from my Applications folder and to reinstall it again. Upon launching Roon again, it actually keeps the memory of the failing music folder path so I’m seriously thinking something went awry when I reinstalled Roon the first time. Yet I don’t know how to eradicate any remnants of it in my Mac. I also remember an elusive message pertaining to the new version of Roon not being compatible with my initial music files format but I did not take a screenshot of the warning. Would anyone know how to completely uninstall Roon (beyond simply trashing it out of the Applications folder)?

Ta da! I found the solution by myself: My Roon installation was obviously screwy. So I proceeded to a complete uninstall which consists of four steps FYI:

1. Open the Applications folder and move the “Roon” folder to trash;
  2. Go to ~/Library and move the “Roon” folder to trash;
  3. Go to ~/Library/cache and move the Roon line item to trash:
    4 Empty trash

After doing this, I reinstalled Roon which is currently loading my albums fine. Hope this helps others. Many thanks again to benjamin, DaveN, Geoff_Coupe for their interest and support in these stressing times.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.