"Unexpected Errors When Starting Radio on Songs and Limiting to Library Issue" [Roon Ticket In]

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

· Other

Describe the issue

I'm getting a lot of "unexpected errors" when starting a radio on songs. It says limiting to library and then nothing happens.

:mega: Staff Post :mega:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon Radio doesn’t work

Hello, same here. Today I installed a new Roon server for my new subscription that I purchased yesterday.

The issue occurs every time I try to launch a Roon radio based on a song from either a playlist or an album. The error presents itself regardless of whether the song is in the library or not.

Roon radio works for me when it is automatically activated at the end of the queue or when trying to launch it from an artist or an album page.

My server is connected via an Ethernet cable in a DMZ, however, I tried to troubleshoot the issue using an internet VPN on the server and even connecting it to a cellular network from my phone. The error when starting a Roon radio has been occurring for me since yesterday, on mi trial Roon server.

Thank you

@Carlos_T - the best course of action is for you to open your own Support request and describe your setup in detail if you want help.

1 Like

Problem still there

1 Like
Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Other

Describe the issue

Roon Radio doesn't work, when I click on Start Radio from Qobuz or Tidal the system shows me this message "Unexpected error: limiting Roon Radio to library" and stops.

Dear Roon Support, dont understand this message “topic will close 14 days after last reply”.

As you can see there are quite a lot of people reporting the same issue. However, i hope you dont consider that as a reply and close the issue.

Music discovery is very important to me and one of the main reasons i pay extra for roon. Between horrible metadata issues (raised another ticket) and radio not working at all, im not getting anything for the additional on top of my Tidal subscription.

If Roon’s approach to support is community based, and no one at Roon is looking to fix the raised issues - i’d appreciate to be told so i cancel my subscription.

Thanks.

1 Like
Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Other

Describe the issue

Unexpected Error: Limiting to Roon Library

I keep getting this error. My Roon server is a dedicated Mac mini, with a physical ethernet connection and bridge to my DAC. I use Tidal almost exclusively, and only have a couple, maybe 20-30 local files.

Steps I have tried so far:
- reinstalling Roon
- logging in and out of Roon
- restarting my router
- logging in and out of Tidal
- rebooting all computers

Thanks!

1 Like

Roon Radio still doesn’t work from streaming service. It’s limited to library. Why?

1 Like

The question is whether we are separate cases here. If not then Roon has to address this issue to be sorted out in next update.

1 Like

Googling I’ve already seen that on several occasions there has been this kind of problem that has sometimes resolved spontaneously, but now it’s taking too long. There will probably need to be an update

1 Like
Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Other

Describe the issue

Roon radio is not functional while playing albums or playlists in Tidal.

1 Like
Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Other

Describe the issue

I use a Mac Pro as Roon Core and for Library (pretty much everything) and I cannot start the radio function, it gives an unexpected error: limiting Radio to local library

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Other

Describe the issue

When I try to start the radio for a track, I get an error that Roon radio is limited to my library. How can I troubleshoot this?

Describe your network setup

Roon Core (current update) running on a MacBook, wired blue sound node, output to my amps. This seems to be a relatively new issue, as I’ve been able to use the radio function before…

1 Like

Suggests a possible issue with reaching the internet.

Reboot your router (ISP)

Reboot your Roon Server.

Seems a related issue maybe.

Reboot your ISPs router.

Reboot your Roon Server.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried, but it did not resolve the issue.

However, in the meantime I have decided to cancel my Roon subscription, I have way too many issues (not just this one) and I don’t want to be troubleshooting it all the time.

3 Likes

Dear Roon Support,

Can I get an acknowledgement on my reported issue?

1 Like
Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

Zenith roon server
Roon V2
Connected to qobuz
Keep getting unexpected error limiting rune to library

Talk talk network directly connected to zenith server

1 Like
Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Other

Describe the issue

If I am playing a song in either Tidal or Qobuz and I click "Start Radio", I get an error message that says, "Unexpected error: Limiting Roon radio to library" Then nothing happens. If I am listening to a song that is in my local storage, Roon Radio works fine.

Internet: Cox fiber 1 GB up and down
Router: Netgear Nighthawk AX8 RAX70
Switch: Uptone Audio Etherregen
All connections are wired ethernet

1 Like