"Unexpected Errors When Starting Radio on Songs and Limiting to Library Issue" [Roon Ticket In]

Could I suggest you create a feedback thread and list your issues.

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

· Other

Describe the issue

Roon radio will not initiate if I start with a track from Qobuz or Tidal. When I attempt to do so I get a message that reads "Unexpected error limiting Roon radio to library" but nothing actually plays. If i start with a track in my library Roon radio appears to work properly and draws music from both Qobuz and Tidal.

Describe your network setup

Netgear nighthawk router, Roon via ethernet to WiiM pro

Hi All,

Thanks for the reports here. I’ve merged related threads so that all relevant reports are located in one place. We have been able to reproduce some issues with Roon Radio starting properly for certain tracks on our end as well, and we are investigating the root cause.

1 Like

Roon Radio doesn’t work. When I click on Start Radio I receive an “Unexpected error: limiting Roon Radio to library”.
Why?
Thanks

1 Like
Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

I’ve been receiving the below message for over a month now, and having spent a decent amount of time combing through forums to find a solution, all I’ve ever read as a solution is ‘oh it works now.’ There’s seemingly no fix. I’ve rebooted the app, restarted my Evo 432 Aeon server, ensured all software was up to date, and even logged in and out of tidal on the Roon app. I’m at a loss - please help!

Sincerely,
Cory Stearns

Ethernet

1 Like

There were many reports about this, Roon is investigating in this central thread and will post updates there:

I’ve merged your post into the central thread…

1 Like

The problem is still present despite today’s update

2 Likes

Agree. Just ran an update; problem still persists

A post was split to a new topic: Worst Support Experience

Same problem, not solved after update yesterday

1 Like

Start radio only works with CDs that you have in your library, all other CDs and music do not work in start radio

1 Like
Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

When trying to select a song to kick off a radio session I get a message stating that Radio is limited to libary even though the toggle for that is not on. It takes numerour attempts to get it to work.

Verizon Fios

1 Like

It’s a known issue, and being investigated. I’ve merged your post into the main Support thread.

1 Like

Whenever I try to start radio from a song that is already playing I get an Unexpected error: Limiting roon to audio library. I have tried reinstalling all all devices apps, reinstalling room server and in and out multiple times.

I use roon server on an Ubuntu machine (version 2.0 build 1407). I have ARC enabled. I use Tidal as my streaming service.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

jds

1 Like

I’m getting an error when trying to start Roon Radio. It says “Unexpected Error: Limiting Room Radio to library.” How do I fix this? I’ve tried rebooting the core, signing out of Qobuz, etc. to no avail.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Feedback on "Unexpected Errors When Starting Radio and Limiting to Library Error

Just a quick update. The Radio is running now. I did nothing to my audio/network setup (still with VPN active). Hopefully, Roon’s found the root cause.

Ouch. Not again. The problem re-emerged.

Can not start the Radio per track, but Roon Radio from Tidal song which is not in the library is running after a track end.