Worst Support Experience

Thank you for the worst support experience. I have yet to receive any update on either of my tickets.

When Radio works, it has horrendous recommendations (examples in my other ticket).

Unfortunately with these problems and flaws, Roon isn’t going to work for me. Ive cancelled my subscription.

1 Like

Doubting that any post here will change your mind, @shadowfax, may I respectfully suggest that:

• RoonLabs engineers, support staff and the moderators here work extremely hard, probably around the clock, actually, given the distributed team model which we know Roon relies on
  • the vast majority of users (myself and most of those who post here) have an extremely positive experience - usually many years running.

Yes, I’ve had problems in the four or five years during which I’ve been using Roon. But there doesn’t remain a single one which has yet to be solved or fixed because of ignorance or error on my part.

It seems that many people’s impression here is that the acquisition last year by Harman has been positive in every way. And that the future looks bright.

I suspect that the best way to look at this is to keep in mind the enormous array of hardware, other software, network configurations and other devices with and on which Roon runs to achieve some remarkable listening experiences.

For the way most of us here at least seem to use Roon, if there are delays, its always, always worth the wait.

Good luck in wherever you move to next.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Mark.

I am glad Roon has worked for you and several others. That hasn’t been my experience, and that is okay as we all probably have different expectations (and i may be an outlier).

Irrespective, i don’t like companies crowd-source their support. I would have preferred to directly hear from Roon support on:

1. Your issue is received and looked into.
  2. We have identitied the problem / or we couldnt find the reported problem.
  3. Expect x amount of time to have this resolved.

I am paying Roon a monthly subscription fee, so while i appreciate there is an active community out there to help others, I’d rather to have a direct interaction with the service provider on support.

More than Radio breaking down, in my experience the recommendation engine doesnt understand nuances of sub-genres. Neither does it show understanding of non mainstream genres (i have provided few examples on my support ticket - but no one at Roon bothered to respond).

So from where i see things, between a bad music discovery experience (one of most important feature for me), radio bugs and lack of professional support - i find streaming platforms provide a much better alternative (for me).

Thanks!

1 Like

You have opened a single Support ticket, and the issue was acknowledged by Roon, and work is underway to resolve the matter: the thread is marked [ticket in].

Your post about Roon Radio was posted in Feedback.

If you require support and a response from Roon staff, please open a support request by clicking on the get help button in Support.