Unfortunately, Roon problem with Qobuz is NOT resolved

Dear Uwe, I really appreciate your comment and I agree with the sentiment. Unfortunately, the most recent update did not make any difference for me. I have been in touch with Qobuz people and I have not problem streaming using their app OR the web-based streaming service. I am glad that there are a number of people who don’t have any problems with Qobuz; I too had none for a long time and DEEPLY hope to be there again (for example, today I had 14 skipped or interrupted song files…).

I just know that there are people, like me, who do have these problems and I have spent hours and hours trying to fix it following the instructions, suggestions and ideas from both techs AND volunteers. I am VERY appreciative of all the users and volunteers who have shared their experiences and, often, suggestions and advice. I am disappointed with the official tech support (for the reasons stated above) - I do not want to belittle anyone; I too am not perfect and have made - and will be making - mistakes, but I expect basic honesty and owning up to what is going on: saying “I really do not know/understand what is going on, but will try to help” instead of proposing solutions that are questionable, at best, is deeply disappointing from Roon techs. If one goes through the link of the original post, it should be clear what I am talking about…

3 Likes

From various posts we know others are having the same issues, and yet all we’re hearing from support is the sound of crickets chirping. Hopefully they are working on a solution for us.

After a year of getting messages that Qobuz is slow, keeps skipping tracks and fails to play, I was told by Roon users on this forum that computer I was using for Roon core needed to be hard-wired to the router. The problem was largely solved doing this, but I’m using my Macbook air, which likes to shut itself down. Even then there were times when Qobuz wouldn’t run. Now I’m at my summer home and it’s just not practical to keep my laptop next to the router all the time. I wish Roon would have instructions about the necessity of having a separate server.

I use Qobuz as my sole streaming source with Roon and it has never failed (other than when I try and play a newly released track listed on Qobuz but not yet available for playing). My core is a headless 2012 Mac Mini that is exclusively dedicated to that task and lives next to the router and is connected to it by Ethernet. The Mac Mini is eligible for no more system upgrades, is never used for any other task and is never routinely powered down. My understanding is that Roon works best if the core is on a dedicated device rather than one that is called upon to perform many other tasks.

Me too
I use Qobuz through Roon on several devices (AK portable; computer; NAIM streamer) and no issues at all

Qobuz disconnecting- problem solved. I experienced disconnecting problems listening to music both from my library and qobuz. After listening to a library album qobuz was no longer available. To cut a long story short: I put in a switch into my chain. One port of the router connected to the switch, the other devices to the switch ports. Obviously the standard router of my ISP was the problem. Please don´t ask further questions, I just wanted to tell people with similar problems what helped in my case, not knowing the meaning for others.

Hi @Igor_Mitrovic,

I understand it’s been some time since your original post, but I wanted to check in to see if you’re still experiencing this issue on the most recent build.

The support team is standing by to troubleshoot should you have any difficulties.

1 Like

Thank you Bernd; I have replaced my router provided by the ISP (have a FANTASTIC ISP provider in SF - they don’t care what router I use as long as it works for me), things are better, but still experiencing interruptions.

Thank you Connor - I’ve done all that was suggested (and then some, including new router, new cables, new switches…) and it is better (now it the interruptions occur less frequently), but not errorless… I do have to say that Roon (whatever the Raat does) streaming has much better sound than using Qobuz app for my Node2i OR the Bluesound app. This is why I am still with Roon (though the other two have no interruptions…)…

Hi @Igor_Mitrovic,

I’m relieved to hear that your system is functional at this point, although the team would be happy to dig further into your ongoing connectivity issues and dropouts. Sound quality is a priority, of course, but playback is sacrosanct.

Let us know and we’re here to support.

Thank you, Connor, not sure the system is really fully functional (I still have interruptions and unfinished 192/24 tracks - this morning Norah Jones, Ella, Commodores…), but it is better. I too would appreciate it if the team would work with me to get to the bottom of this as I am completely at a loss… Not to mention that I am not the only one…
Igor

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.