Unidentified device XMOS USB Audio 2.0

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iTransporter i5 / Roon 1.8 (build 756)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet only

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

micro Rendu

Description Of Issue

I just got a new Line Magnetic CD 24 player with a built in DAC (USB input)… neither my micro Rendu not my Computer (used as a Roon Endpoint) sees this device.

I can, however, play audio through it directly from the computer via Tidal.

Please advise… will the DAC to work with Roon via a Roon bridge?

Thanks.

Looks like it’s seeing it, it just doesn’t know what it is. Can you set it up as an endpoint?

So currently you have it hooked up to your computer via USB? or do you have it hooked up to the microRendu with a USB cable? Either way it should work just fine with Roon. Roon won’t always display the device by its model name like “Line Magnetic CD 24” but will display something identifying the DAC that is in the unit, like is shown in your picture. It is no big deal and should still work

Yes it’s strange.

I hooked it up to the MicroRendu first, then directly to the computer second. No sound from Roon.

But if I just play tidal from my computer to it: sound.

I wonder if I’m doing something wrong in Roon? I can’t “identify” it since it’s not in the list.

That is strange. In Roon audio settings, which audio zone are you selecting when using the DAC?

I select “MicroRendu” but it’s grey (and won’t play)… When it’s plugged into my computer directly, there is no zone that appears.

Wait, when you listed. the iTransporter i5 are you talking about the Sonic Transporter i5? Is that your Roon Core? If so, that is what you should hook up your Line Magnetic to if you can and see if you can get it to play from there (to test and make sure it works from Roon).

If you are hooking it up to another computer that you are using as an endpoint, then you would select that computer as the Audio Zone under Settings>Audio in Roon. Roon will see the 2nd computer as the Zone.

OK I got it to work directly from my computer, and it’s playing… see below… so is it a MicroRendu issue?

Oh perfect! I am glad you got that working. I think the microRendu is working, as you got it to show up in Roon earlier. I think it just may be some settings. Have you gone into the microRendu’s GUI interface (www.sonicorbiter.com) and set it to use Roon? You can also reset it from there. I am tagging @Jesus_Rodriguez , the owner of Sonore to help out if we can’t figure out how to get the microRendue working.

Solved!

1- reboot microRendu
2- turn off DSP upsampling to DSD (lol I was using a DSD DAC before)…

Thanks for all your help.