Unpredicted skipping of tracks

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

macOS 11.0.1. - macmini 3,2 GHz - 6 core intel 7, 32 GB DDR4 - roon version 1.7 (build 667)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fritzbox Router, Netgear switch, Ethernet Cat6

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet 440 core and T&A System 8, both via ethernet

Description Of Issue

when streaming music to my devices (TIDAL as well as server based music) since recently the tracks are unpredictably skipping to the next title.
I reinstalled the whole system, the problem is still going on …

I had a similar problem that turned out to be due to a home networking problem. If there’s a slow connection and downloading can’t keep up with real time then the track will be skipped. A buffer error will show on Roon for a brief period while it attempts to load the next track. Not sure if that’s what is affecting your setup.

Thanks, I will check out;-)

Hi @Volker_Oschkinat,

Welcome to the forum! If you try to start playback to your Mac Core’s System Output zone, do you notice any difficulties starting playback there?

Hi Noris,
up till now I did not use Macs system output (see my statement audio devices used). I will give it a try and respond in due time. thanks for now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.