Upcoming change to Roon subscription prices (January 1st, 2023)

It’s easy: decide in 2022, pay $699; decide in 2023, pay $825.

2 Likes

I just swapped my £20 a month Tidal subscription (£240 pa) for a Black Friday Annual Qobuz Subscription @ £97. So I’ve saved £143 for the next 12 months, which I’ve put towards a Roon Lifetime Membership, which in my head anyway, now has only cost me £444. Now I can just chill out and get on with it !!! Cheers

13 Likes

I am continually astounded by the quantity of posts on this topic whenever roon adjusts the price. As someone who didn’t think twice about buying lifetime licenses (2 actually) almost 5 years ago (prior to two price raises) it certainly proved to be a good decision. Roon continues to thrive as a company, continues to provide all updates for free to lifetime licenses as promised, and continues to be relevant and the best option for a multi zone, hd audio solution. I have no doubt 5 years from now I’ll be saying the same thing.

11 Likes

16 posts were split to a new topic: Roon’s subscription model (pros & cons)

Another way to look at it might be;

You buy a glass of coke at a cafe. You drink 3/4s of the glass and want more. You decide before finishing the glass to buy a limitless refillable glass of coke whilst still having the 1/4 left in the other glass. You’ll drink it first before starting the limitless refillable glass.

We make choices in life. Some we learn by.

1 Like

I would actually throw it away and get a fresh one.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon’s subscription model (pros & cons)

You could just set-up a Tidal Argentina (VPN to make the account) account for like 12 USD a year :slight_smile:

Any way to save on giving artists money?

1 Like

All-in :slight_smile: Let’s hope that it is a good decision

13 Likes

Ever since this announcement, I went back and forth between Plexamp and Roon in the many endpoints in my house. I’ve concluded that Roon is still the best in this space. I just purchased the lifetime subscription a couple of hours ago.

I’ll still maintain my Plex library and Plexamp endpoints for when the internet goes down. :laughing: I also have a lifetime license for that.

5 Likes

Would be nice to see on this page how much money you already saved over the years after your break-even point :joy:

I have roon for 5 years now and I am still very satisfied, I would like to thank you for the great work the Roon team does. :blush:

8 Likes

Also just upgraded to lifetime subscription. I wasn’t as invested in Roon when the last increase from $499 was announced, but when you have dedicated Roon-hardware north of $2000, now might be the right time to go all-in :wink:

6 Likes

Lest anyone forgets, you have one month left to purchase Roon lifetime at the current price of $699.99 vs the new price of $829.99.

4 Likes

Well maths was never my strong suit. But I went lifetime for $499 in 2016. Feels like a good decision so far :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you invested $500 at 5 percent, you would earn $25 per year. If you paid $120 per year for Roon, you are saving $95 per year by going lifetime, after the break-even point. But, since the $25 is taxable, you would be saving closer to $103 per year.

2 Likes

:{

I love Roon and whatnot but $15 a month? That’s a bit too much in my personal opinion to justify considering that I also have to tack on the cost of Tidal ($10/month more). $25/month, even for the beauty that Roon + Tidal is, is a lot to ask for with, again, only 2 subscription services integrated.

My main issue isn’t really that the price was hiked, it’s just the underlying price of Roon in general. ARC is justifying it much more but I still feel like more than $8-10/month for Roon is overkill. I would love to see a $15-20/month Roon + Tidal plan, that would suit all of my needs, but oh well.

Going to pick up a yearlong subscription at current price along with Tidal HiFi so at least I’ll keep lower prices for a year

3 Likes

My Roon time averages 10-15 hours per week, and to me my subscription is money well spent. When I do wireless streaming from iTunes, the playback sometimes stutters and chokes; whereas wireless streaming from Roon, it doesn’t miss a beat, even when I group 2 or 3 zones.

2 Likes

Auto Metadata reducing “screen time” for metadata grooming is worth its weight in “back necks” , ask my neurosurgeon and my physio !!!