Update of new music?

I have a quick question: I have added the new Starsailor, released yesterday on ROON. I added it a long time ago, and of course it showed ‘not available’. it is not available on Spotify, so I can play it there, but on ROON it stays on ‘Not Available’.

How does the update work in ROON for Friday releases? I would expect that on a Saturday morning the new release like this new Starsailor would be available? is there a way to trigger an update?

thanks in advance !

The album is available here (Europe), both in Tidal and Qobuz.

Correct, it is available in Europe in Qobuz App (but doesn’t seem to play) and in Spotify, but not in ROON. I am also based in Europe :slight_smile:

Yes, I tried before writing the first post and it plays.
Maybe it has to do with region/country access rights…

You can try and reidentify it from the edit menu or remove it and re-add it. If you add an album before it’s released it tends to get screwed up when it is. Qobuz and Roon integration is a bit flawed when it comes to these prereleases. The catalogue numbers change in Qobuz database that it links to and Roon often looses it.

I actually find a way to get it updated: there is an ‘EDIT’ button and in there is a option to look for ‘updated / better match’. Once I clicked on that one, ROON went out to get the updated !

Excellent !! I also just discovered this one !! that is indeed the solution ! thanks so much ! learned something ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where is this option?

The 3 dots - > EDIT →

The option sounds cool and I want it :slight_smile: but I don’t have an option to look for ‘updated / better match’ in the album’s Edit menu and have never seen it anywhere, not even in an album that is marked as “unavailable” like the one in the screenshots below. Is this the place you mean?

I do have Identify Album of course, which mentions a “better match”, but this one only gives a choice between different releases for metadata and doesn’t search for an updated version.

I used ‘Identify Album’ and that looked for a better match and resolved the issue.

1 Like

Strange, I’ll try next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is all about ‘updating’ Roon’s database, that hols old information.
Anything you do that will rewrite the database record for the album will solve the problem.
(Re-)Identify the album, even with same information will rewrite the DB when you press save.
I am also using this method, but there are for sure other ways. E.g. changeca date, a credit,.
As long as you can press Save

I was thrown by the mentioning of an „updated“ match. I am well aware of the identifying to choose between different releases, but AFAIK this chooses the metadata and doesn’t find alternatives for unavailable releases

But it looks up all versions based on the metadata at hand, so it will find it. This also works when they remove it and change it in Qobuz.

I never knew and have never seen it suggested as a solution when people complain about a Qobuz album in their library having become unavailable.

Sounds like it’s not far from being a solution for this:

Actually @Dirk_De_Taey is the one that suggested it and has in a few threads.

What I remember to have read between Dirk and you was that re-identifying an album helps if Roon refuses to remove an album from the library after it has become unavailable. Not that this would find the replacement. But good to know.

I think it helps in a few ways but likely not all the time. How roon works sometimes is a mystery as it doesn’t often list versions of albums that exist in MusicBrainz

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.