Update: Roon ARC is working - But the signal path? With DAC and iPhone

Thanks for this very nice new service :slight_smile:

Have done the things stated in “ARC Port Forwarding” (FritzBox 7590 - support UPnP - automatic configuration is enabled - No VPN software) but somehow it is not working for me.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 93.192.46.112:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.178.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>\n <s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“>\n<s:Body>\n<s:Fault>\ns:Client\nUPnPError\n\n<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">\n403\nNot available Action\n\n\n</s:Fault>\n</s:Body>\n</s:Envelope>”}
}

RoonCore is located on an QNAP NAS.

Torben

After XX robot:

Did a test with iPhone 11 - LTE:

Won’t play: “Poor connection”. But I do have a good connection.

Now ist plays :slight_smile: But the signal path is not that great - both on LTE and WLAN

This is Roon direct (WLAN - iPhone - iFi GoBar)

On ARC’s setting page, what do you have Playback set for? If you have “Automatically pick best quality” selected, try unselecting it. This will give you the option to specify the quality for WiFi and Cellular. Try choosing Original Format on WiFi as a test and see.

@Rugby - THX.

I did some new test. Turn-off “Automatically pick best quality” and than turned it on again.

This is now the signal path for ARC (WLAN - iPhone - iFi GoBar)

Same test, but with the Roon app:

Both are how “lossless” but with different path. Do I need to change something in the settings to get the same path?

Torben

You have volume leveling on in ARC, try turning that off.

THX :slight_smile: Did solve the “problem” :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.