Update to 1.7 - Library Issues

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus+,

Blockquote

Roon Version 1.7 (build 500)
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connection to Netgear C7000v2 WiFI router
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB connection to Oppo UDP-205 DAC/Universal Player, BAT VK30 Preamp, Marantz 8B amp, Magnepan 1.7i speakers.
Description Of Issue

Updated to 1.7. Library is now scrambled. All albums now show being added as of the update date. Composer data is gone. Numerous duplicates of some albums. I’m a music enthusiast, not a computer geek.

Hi @Robert_Greenhaus,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about these issues. I have forwarded your report to our technical team who is looking into this issue further. Can I please request that you send me a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions? The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive. Thank you.

Hi @Robert_Greenhaus,

I wanted to reach out to you again since I haven’t heard back after my previous message. I didn’t receive logs from you, but I went ahead and activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a set of logs to our servers.

I believe I know what’s going on here and I can resolve it, can I please request that you create a Backup of your Roon database and let me know once you have done so? Thank you.

I thought I would create a backup and send it but I was concerned about screwing it up and making it worse. After two days and some lengthy rescans, the library better reordered itself. I still had numerous duplicates, primarily compilations, but I was able to manually combine, hide or delete them.

Hi @Robert_Greenhaus,

I am looking at the current diagnostics from your Nucleus and I see that the issue is in fact not resolved, but I can take care of this for you. Can you please just create a backup of your Roon database? Afterwards I can send a refresh command for your storage locations and it should help with the behavior you were seeing. Thanks!

You want to compress log files and save them to dropbox and give you access to drop box? No offense ,I know you want to help but, are you kidding me?

Hello @Robert_Greenhaus,

There’s no need for you to send me your logs, I have enabled diagnostics mode for your account and have already reviewed them. All I am requesting that you do is make a local Backup of your Roon database and then let me know once this is complete.

Having NAS problems. Will try to sort them and perform a backup tomorrow.

1 Like

I got the NAS straightened out but when I try to backup the Nucleus+ I get a backup failed message.

Hi @Robert_Greenhaus,

Can you try connecting a USB drive to the Nucleus and performing the backup that way?

Noris, it took a while but I finally performed a successful backup.

Hi @Robert_Greenhaus,

Thanks for confirming the backup. I just used our diagnostics tool to issue a refresh command for your storage locations and this should help with the behavior you were seeing. There’s a few maintenance steps required after this:

• Connect all of your active media locations to the Nucleus

• Important - Go to Roon Settings -> Storage and verify that all your locations which contain media files are currently connected to the Nucleus (make sure that nothing you use on your day-to-day is listed as offline - this includes NAS and any external USB Storage you may have)

• Go to Roon Settings -> Library -> Clean Up Library

• Select all of the 3 options listed there and perform a library cleanup (deleted files/not associated with storage location/disabled storage locations)

• Perform a library cleanup

• Reboot your Nucleus

• Let me know if the same behavior is still occurring

Thanks!

Still the same. No change, except, perhaps, some additional duplicates.

Hi @Robert_Greenhaus,

Did you follow my above instructions and perform a library cleanup + reboot the Nucleus?

Multiple times. Changed some settings. Still a couple of duplicates but I’m not going to worry/bother with them. Thank you for your assistance. Happy Thanksgiving.

What seems to have happened is some albums have been spit in two, in some cases, only one or two tracks are showing up as a second album by the same name and with the same artwork.

Hi @Robert_Greenhaus,

Hope you had a great thanksgiving as well! Is the behavior still the same after a few days? Sometimes the Nucleus’ database needs a bit of time to settle down after a storage refresh.

Much better. It doesn’t go crazy each time a new file is added. Thank you!

1 Like

Glad to hear that @Robert_Greenhaus!
If you have any further issues please do feel free to reach out again!