Update to build 880 does not work

Im having similar isues getting the update to work. It goes round in circles. Nothing.
Im hoping Roon figures this out in a day or two. I dont have the patience.
Oh and I also downloaded Beta and thats probably why it destroyed my system.
Please dont invite customers to play with Beta if its a dangerous mess.

Hey @Brad_Smith,

We’re so sorry updating Roon isn’t working so well for you… :pensive: . We’d love to help.

Could you please let us know what the symptoms are?

My nucleus says it’s updated w 1.8. Now add Tidal. No saved albums appear. No endpoints appear and no way to connect.
Then it reverts back to the Core connection and start all over again.
I have Uninstalled Core twice.
During install, many messages appear about corruption ,but clicking try again, it installs anyway.
I did install Beta and the system hasn’t worked since.
I don’t follow the instructions on what to do .
Hoping you sort out the actual 1.8 release in another day or two and I’ll try again.
My system is simply nucleus and 2 endpoints. No library except Tidal. I don’t care if saved albums disappear. I’d think the update would install itself but evidently not.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Remotes Not Updating

Hey @Brad_Smith,

Thanks a lot for the details. Could you please try the steps below?

1. Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s Web UI
  2. Navigate to your Nucleus’ Database Location
  3. Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  4. Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  5. Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  6. On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database
  7. Restore a backup

Thanks a lot :pray:

Has anyone in the Rooniverse actually had success with this last step? Seriously.

I’ve restored from a backup many times on many different cores.

I’ve restored twice in two years. Backed up on my Nucleus, restored to my Dell. No problems.

I meant specifically to solve the corruption problem with the new update… Should have been more specific.

I installed the build 882 to a fresh install. when i connected to the Core it showed audio devices. I then restored from Settings / Backups by last 831 backup. I did have to restart the Core after restore, but it did work.

2 Likes

And the old database was there in all its glory?

So far, not finding anything out of place… nothing obvious, and the restore was uneventful.

Holy moly.

Oh my god, my 12/16/2021 database is working again! Very glad Roon team brought it back to life. I was on my way OUT of the Rooniverse for good…

2 Likes

So far nothing.
My screen shows Nucleus updated.
Clicking start leads to a spiral no load.
Can you control my nucleus remotely and maybe fix it that way?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.