Updated Roon, now saying incompatible with my database version

Roon Core Machine

Microsoft Book 2, Windows 10, 16gb RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Luxul 24 port switch, Unifi Dream Machine Pro smart router, no software VPN on core machine

Connected Audio Devices

iPad for remote, 2 Lumin Audio network streamer/DACS with line level RCA audio to preamps

Number of Tracks in Library

not sure. <10,000

Description of Issue

Haven’t used Roon in a while. Went to open core and it told me there’s an update…I think it said 1.7, but isn’t 1.8 current? I ran the update and it re-launched and I got a message that my core is incompatible with my database and that this can happen if Roon was downgraded. Now I can’t see any info related to my core. Just a link to the community help site.
Should I just uninstall Roon core on that machine and re-install and restore from my database backup?

Thanks for any help

The current version is Roon 2.0.20.

Unless you have a specific reason to stay at 1.8, you should upgrade to the newest version. You need to determine what version you want to use in order to proceed.

I also suggest you to read this thread and read the migration FAQ page it linked to:

Hi,
Thanks for the info. I do want to be on the latest version. I haven’t used it in a while and didn’t check to see what the latest was, but on my core it gave me the version to update to…I’m not sure what happened, but I can’t even launch the app to see what the current version is after the upgrade. Roon won’t even launch; I just get the message that the database is incompatible.

At this point should I just uninstall current core version (whatever that is) and restore a new install from my last database backup file?

Thank you

Since no one else has other suggestions so far, please go ahead (if you haven’t already).

Please let me know the outcome.

Hey @Robert_choll,

Ben with the support team here, thanks for your patience while our team works through each thread!

I was able to pull your account up and see that both your core and remote are on the latest build. Are you still running into issues?

I’ll be on standby for your reply. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.