Updated to 1.8 today on various devices. Windows 10 PC (as remote device) no longer working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

HP Pavillion AMD-A8-5550M 2,1GHz, 8GB Ram, 64-bit, WIN10 ver 19041.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired Ethernet Realtek card

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

After year of no issues, updated today on SonicTransporter core, various Google Home devices, Android 8 Active phone, and HP Pavilion (=remote device too). All works well except HP computer?? Opens for 1 second, then closes. No messaging, no errors shown. PC has never had issues ever. 1st time to have issues . Only on the Windows 10 PC. All devices on same network, etc. Nothing different other than 1.8 update. Android phone, my core ST look like they are working fine. Just not normal WIN PC. Please advise.

Hi @Dcrook23 ,

Can you please try to reinstall Roon on the HP PC and let us know if that helps?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

Since the HP is not the Core, you shouldn’t lose any data, but I would make a backup just in case.

1 Like

Hi @Dcrook23

I just wanted to check in and see if the reinstall that Noris suggested helped. Let me know!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.