Updating Rserver doesn't work

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

RoonServer from Nov 26, (build 505)
Roon on remote Macbook: build 511.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WLAN, Ethernet (that’s not the problem)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet 1000 Roon Ready

Description Of Issue

When I start roon remote (on my MacBookPro) it shows the core to be build 505. I let it update to 511 automatically and then the core doesn’t work anymore. It won’t boot.

Hi, @WKW, sorry to hear about your troubles. May I ask you to provide more info about the machine which you are using to run your Roon Core (Roon Server)? Operation system, user type (with admin privileges/non-admin user) ?

Thanks!

Ivan

Yesterday I upgraded to Catalina 10.15.2 (fresh install) on an iMac (location of core) where I had Roon running without problems before.

Once I managed to start RoonServer on the core machine (iMac), but when Roon (remote) on my MacBook signalled that I should update the core (RoonServer), it seemed to do this, but didn’t finish. On the iMac there is still build 505.

Question: What is the best way to migrate all the settings from a backup? Is it enough to copy the roon files to the new library?

Thanks for the info, @WKW!

Could you, please, do the following:

1. Delete RoonServer from applications on your iMac (this will not affect your Roon Database)
  2. Download RoonServer – http://download.roonlabs.com/builds/RoonServer.dmg
  3. Install RoonServer
  4. Launch the app and see how it goes.

As for Database Migration, we have a Knowledge Base article which includes all instructions – http://kb.roonlabs.com/Migration.

Thanks!

Ivan

Thanks, Ivan. The problem was that the available download a few hours ago was still the old 505 build. With a restore everything works fine now.

Thanks!

Glad to hear that, @WKW!

Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.