Upgrade Roon Essentials to Roon

I have an ELAC Roon Essentials Server and I want to change to the full featured roon system, so my questions:
1.) Is it possible to use the Elac Discovery as a roon server (not the essential version!)? Means, installing the roon over the roon essentials by getting a new roon license, or do I need also a different core hardware?
Thanks!
Wolfram

@Wolfram_Strohschein, there is no upgrade path to full Roon.

Sorry if I asked the wrong way.
I know that Roon Essentials has limited possibilities.
I know that there is no Software upgrade path an I have to buy the Roon version.
My question was only if I can use the existing hardware (ELAC Discovery) as host for the Roon core or if I need to upgrade this too?
Thanks!

I believe the statement applies to both software and hardware. The Elac cannot run full Roon since (i) it doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements for Roon, and (ii) there is no installer for the device.

1 Like

Understood.
Thanks for Your support. I think I need an upgrade because Roon is so special and helps me to navigate in the huge world of music.

1 Like

You can use the Elac as endpoint which I do with two of them.

I would suggest you consider buying a recent NUC and installing Roon ROCK. This is the closest you can get to a simple Roon applance with zero maintenance issues.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.