Upgrade to Roon 1.8 and Roon Remote on iPhone XS won't connect

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacMini late 2012 running OS 10.14.6
Roon Version 1.8 build 753

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple AirPort Extreme version 7.8.1

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Elac Alchemy DDP-2 connected via USB

Description Of Issue

After upgrading Roon remote and Core, Remote can see the core, but fails to connect. On an iPad mini with same update, no problem connecting.

More instances of the same problem posted here.

Hello @Michael_Lurie ,

Do you have any firewalls on your Mac Mini Core?
Can you please try to temporarily disable and see if you are able to then connect?

I tried that already It made no difference

Noris? Any further suggestions? I’m a bit perturbed at the absence of customer support after an upgrade causes problems.

Hi @Michael_Lurie ,

Can you please check your iOS permissions?

Let me know if this helps!

The permissions were already set to permit Local Network access for Roon remote. Any further suggestions?

Hello @Michael_Lurie ,

Thank you for confirming the permissions have been updated. Is there any change in behavior if you try to delete the Roon app and reinstall from the app store? Are you using any VPNs on this iOS device or on a “guest network” of sorts?

Hi - deleting and reinstalling the remote app doesn’t change anything. There is no guest network - but the core computer is connected vía ethernet with wifi on and connected to the same network. Could that be creating a conflict?

There is a VPN program on the iOS device — I’ll disable it and see what happens.

Deleting att VPN app did not resolve problem. Here is a photo of what Imget after deleting remote, rebooting and reinstalling remote.

Hello @Michael_Lurie ,

Thank you for the screenshots. Are you still having this issue occur at the present time? Can you please verify the IP address of your Roon Remote and ensure that it is on the same network as the Core? It looks like you are using 5G in your screenshot, I would ensure that both Core + Remote are on the same WiFi network.

They are on the same network — 2.4 and 5 ghz networks have the same name and password so connections can be made to fastest connection.

Any other suggestions?

Just a heads up – Deleted VPN profile on phone and ta da! Remote connects to core without problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.