Upgrades to Roon on NAS often results in authentication issues

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NAS drive running Linux 4.2.8 Roon 1.7 build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Using Luxul XGS-1024S network switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Meridian amp and Meridian 6x MS200 music streamers for the different zones

Description Of Issue
My system was working very well until the latest build was downloaded to my iPhone and iPad, Now I cannot connect at all to the Core.

It asks me to login, but then when I do, the Roon app says I am already logged in. It suggests I press the back button, and when I do, it just asks me to go in again!

This happened previously about 6 months ago with another upgrade and I had to get a technician to come and upgrade the core software. If roon is supposed to be easy to use, I should not have all these issues when you do upgrades.

Hi @sacha_zackariya,

What NAS is the Roon Server running on?

If QNAP then @crieke maybe able to help you.

Did Roon offer the option to unauthorise? If so please do so, it’s quite safe … and then sign back in.

Hi @sacha_zackariya,

As Carl suggested, clicking Unauthorize will allow you to continue forward like normal, sorry for the confusion!

Can you confirm what kind of NAS device you’re uising?

Thank you, (yes I have a QNAP NAS drive) I have clicked unauthorise and yes it now works again. But there is a warning triangle in the top right of the ipad screen. Clicking it says that a Roon software update for the Metadata improver is halted. But 1.7 build 610 is the most recent software according to Settings > About
I am logged in according to Settings > General

Please also check if you have the latest the QNAP App Center offers an update for your Roon Server app as well. The last update was required due to a change in Roon Servers authorization.

If you see the triangle in the top right screen, try to restart Roon Server once more. I have seen this a few times. In all cases (if I remember correctly) it occurred after the Server lost its authorization and was authorised again (caused by the change explained above).

I had the same issue. Just stop Roon Server in the App Center and restart it. It will fix the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.