Upgrading Linksys Velop firmware now preventing Roon Arc access

Hi all,

Core Machine

NUC8I5BEH3 I5-8259U, Samsung 250GB 970 M2, 8GB DDR4, ROCK installed

Network Details

NUC connected by Ethernet to splitter which is connected by ethernet to Linksys Velop Mesh master node, which is in itself connected by ether net to router Virgin Hub 3.

Audio Devices

Cambridge 851N (Roon Ready) connected to Linksys WiFi
iMac (and Project Pre Box Digital S2)
iPad (Linksys WiFi)
iPhone (Linksys WiFi)
Sky Q (AirPlay)
Sony TV (Chromecast)
Sonos One (x2 WiFi)

Library Size

44710 tracks (connected to NUC by USB to a 4TB external hard drive)

Description of Issue

I’ve had Roon ARC working perfectly over the last few months alongside my Linksys Velop Mesh system at home. Over the last few days I started to get drop-outs in Wifi which was affected Roon listening in the home, but ARC wasn’t affected. Speaking to Linksys, it was a known problem there end with a firmware update, so I had to reset the mesh system. Now the home wifi works perfectly, Roon in the house alongside my home hifi works perfectly, but for some reason, I can no longer access Roon Arc (or it can’t access the Core) even though the set-up and connections to the system hasn’t changed: the NUC is connected by ethernet to a five-port ethernet which is connected to the master Node on the Mesh system, which is connected to the router). Technically it should all work as before, the only thing I’m wondering is whether I should have switched off the NUC whilst resetting the mesh, but in itself, it’s working fine. Any help would be great - I’ve pasted the Roon ARC notes below.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“82.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“>\n<s:Body>\n<s:Fault>\ns:Client\nUPnPError\n\n<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">\n501\nPAL_UPNP_SOAP_E_ACTION_FAILED\n\n\n</s:Fault>\n</s:Body>\n</s:Envelope>\n”}
}

Just in case this comes up for everyone else, I found a solution - I reset the router and Linksys Velop system, switching Apple HomeKit support on/off. It seemed to sort the firmware update that was stopping Arc from working.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.