Upgrading SSD in original Roon Nucleus

Hi. I’ve seen similar posts on the forum. Still, I would like a straightforward, Roon official confirmation that what I’m posting at the end is correct, or better still an official link with a simple step guide to follow so I don’t have to read endless pages of contradictory comments, suggestions or opinions to use a NAS instead etc.

The current 500GB, Samsung SSD 860 EVO in my original Roon Nucleus (Rev A) is almost full and I’m about to replace it with a new 2TB Samsung SSD 870 EVO.

Now, even though my music lives on multiple hard drives I would much rather copy them directly from the current 500GB one to simplify the whole process and not have to search from multiple sources. So is there a way to read the SSD once I replace it with the other and copy the files via my network? I have both MACs and PCs.

Or is it possible to connect the old SSD using an external enclosure back to the Nucleus via the USB port at the back to transfer the files into the new Drive?

Is this step guide correct?:

1. Backup Roon database.
  2. Go to Nucleus log-out page: Log out of Nucleus (Go to Settings, General and click Logout)
  3. Shut down Nucleus.
  4. Disconnect the Nucleus from the electric power
  5. Remove / replace internal storage SSD to an larger one.
  6. Connect the Nucleus to the electric power.
  7. Power up Nucleus.
  8. Go to Nucleus web admin page 192.168.1.xxx: 1.-stop the server software.
  9. From Nucleus web admin page 192.168.1.xxx: format new SSD with nucleus.
  10. From Nucleus web admin page 192.168.1.xxx: 2.-stop the server software.
  11. Copy music files across the network from the storage backup location (PC) to new internal SSD in Nucleus.
  12. From Nucleus web admin page 192.168.1.xxx: restart server software.
  13. Go to Nucleus log-in page: Log in of Nucleus (Go to Settings, General and click Login)
  14. restore Roon database

Basically, point 11 is my main issue. How to read and copy directly from the old SSD into the new one.

cheers and thank you in advance

Never mind… I figured it out…

What did you figure out?.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.